Arm Hair Bleaching Help Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
I am looking for a bit of advice from all you lovely talented skin geeks :hug:

I have a friend who's daughter (aged 18) who's hair is coming in very dark and all over her body under her chin, tummy and arms, she has asked me if I would wax her weekly and if I knew whether it was possible to bleach her arm hair as she wasn't keen on them being waxed.

Her mum is taking her to the doctor to be checked out as she feels the hair growth isn't normal but in the mean time she wants me to keep waxing.

Ok girls I have no idea where to start so advice needed.
I really just need to know as much about this treatment so I can steer them in the correct direction I of course wont be doing it as Im not trained I just want to give them all the info I can :hug:

Thanks xxxx

Hi - I'm unaware of any salon that offer arm bleaching as a service, and can't offer any proffesional advice on it - but I have quite hairy arms and I bleach them myself using Boots' own hair lightener cream (it comes as 2 tubes which you mix together - a lightener and an accelerator), I've used this for years and am always happy with the results. it's quick and easy - you leave the cream on for 10 minutes and then wash off - simple!

it's not a nice thing to have, and I now alot of girls who are really self concious about it. Hope this helps a little

x x x

Thanks Sazr :hug:
Just bumping this up to see if any skin geeks are on :)

I do the same as Sazr with fab results......I certainly wouldn't want to wax my arms!

Check with your insurance company that you would be covered for offering this service...

Check with your insurance company that you would be covered for offering this service...

I don't plan offering this I am just enquiring about if this is a possible treatment she could get :)
I will let her know she could just buy an over the counter hair bleach and try that thanks girls :hug:

I would like to ask, if there is a problem with waxing arms?

I too have very hairy arms - and I mean very hairy, like a mans arms and I have waxed them in the past with the OTC wax strips. I also now have an epilator.

After reading this yesterday, I tried the bleach and tbh although the hairs are now a lighter brown, I still have very hairy arms LOL.

I too have very hairy arms - and I mean very hairy, like a mans arms and I have waxed them in the past with the OTC wax strips. I also now have an epilator.

After reading this yesterday, I tried the bleach and tbh although the hairs are now a lighter brown, I still have very hairy arms LOL.

No there's no problem at all with waxing arms, I've done it for loads of people.

No fiona there isn't a problem with waxing arms and I have done this in the past.
It was just that this girl has just turned 18 and I didn't want her to get into the routine of waxing if there was a easier and less expensive option as she would be wanting to wax weekly I just felt that this was a lot to cope with at such a young age :hug:

No fiona there isn't a problem with waxing arms and I have done this in the past.
It was just that this girl has just turned 18 and I didn't want her to get into the routine of waxing if there was a easier and less expensive option as she would be wanting to wax weekly I just felt that this was a lot to cope with at such a young age :hug:

Lots of clients have their arms waxed,it shouldn't be weekly,more like once a month(if very hairy)
You can use a bleach(specifically for body hair,not hair on head).I did this as part of my training when I did level 2.
Jolene is one well known brand,but as already mentioned the problem is that although the hair will be lighter it wont go away,just blends in a bit better.
You could suggest IPL treatment,this has initial high outlay however once its gone that's it.I personally wouldn't suggets this to a client so young though.
I think I would get the client in once a month to have her arms waxed.It's no big deal.hth a little.

Hello, ive been waxing my arms for about 5 years with NO problems and ive never known it to be something of a questionable area to be waxed? I run a salon where clients request all the time without any hesitation. In fact if i didnt offer they would be questioning why i didnt?

I used to bleach my arms before waxing for about 12 years and i found the hair grew thicker and even a little longer. And my beautician recommended me waxing and i never looked back since!!

Highly recommend as the finish is smoother, cleaner and less harsh to the skin. Must make sure to exfoliate with a loafer or similar around 2 days after waxing to prevent ingrowing hair developing. I suggest do a small area to check if the client does not react but i have found most clients are happy to have arm waxing and dont have much problems with reactions to skin in this area either.

I hope this helps. Good luck

Latest posts

Back