Armpit boil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I was in the gym today and as I was lifting the weights in body pump I noticed a big red mark, on closer inspection its a big red spot with a bit white head........

what is it and what do I do with it?

I wonder if I can upload a picture as it is worth a look....

Sexyyyyyyyyyyy

Hi it sounds like a boil I get them on armpits and I also have had them on my down bellows inside my outer lip I know it's a bit graffic but were all professionals here so don't mined sharing.

I went to the doctors when I had my first one and they told me to just leave it alone and the White head will get bigger and turn a little yellow andni should just pop on it's own.

I let it get to it's popping stage and just give it a little helping hand probobly not the best thing to do but they bloody hurt when they get to that stage I then go to pharmacy and they sell cream for boils can't remember what it's called but they will help you with what one

Hope that helped.x

I have had them was told to hot pack it to bring it t the surface...make sure that when its soft or it comes to a head you pop it in a clean place alot of times the inside of it is "staph" so be sure not to touch any other parts of your body...

Magnesium sulphate is what you can get from the chemist it will draw everything out although it's not so good on surrounding skin so you would need to put a plaster over it on your under arm.There may be a trapped hair in there sometimes they can come out really long.

Oh I feel for you. I have had them, but my first was my worst when it grew to the size of a large sprout under my arm. I went to the Dr's as I couldn't take the pain and he popped me next door to the nurse who applied some Magnesium Sulphate paste (you can buy it from a chemist) and it took about five days of reapplying with dressings before the massacre appeared on my sheets.

I was due to go back to see her that very morning where she attempted to rid me of all of it. I nearly fainted with the pain.

The best thing was when I went to another Dr at the very beginning of one and he stopped it in it's tracks with a scalpel.

They can be very nasty indeed, depending on the severity. I couldn't drive, couldn't move my arm at all the whole time it was growing.

A mixture of salt & bicarbonate will bring it to a head and it will pop.

I had an abscess under my tooth and was told to do the mixture and it brought the abscess out and was a massive relief, with 2 tiny children and full time work, I didn't have a spare mo to get to the dentist so I got anti biotics from the doctors.

If you use that mixture and a hot compress it should pop.

I had one in my armpit, it got about golfball size & took 3 courses of antibiotics to clear it up & my skin looked bruised for months after, of the third type of antibiotic hadn't worked my doc was going to lance it 😭

Another vote for magnesium sulphate paste.

I'm diabetic and prone to them. And they are always under my arm!

I gave birth to a 10lb baby naturally and the next day I was in agony and crying... Because of the boil!

Mine are so big and painful I sterilise a needle and pop it and then apply savlon and a dressing.

If you get them a lot it is worth goin to the doctors and perhaps having a glucose test. Sometimes people with type 2 or pre diabetes get them too when their blood sugars are high. X

Just to add to previous advice, if it is an ingrown hair, which due to location it probably is, when you have drawn things out try to gently tweeze out the offender to prevent reinfection!

If I lived nearer I would LOVE to do it for you! Sad/sick but true!!

If I lived nearer I would LOVE to do it for you! Sad/sick but true!!
dont worry sara I would so get you to do it for me!

The reason you've got it could be down to lots of things, ingrowing hairs for example, but its also worth remebering that the lymph nodes in your armpits or groin can sometimes swell and appear to look infected if your body is fighting an infection. Have you been ill or run down recently?

Personally I would wait till it comes to a head, then pop it and clean over the area with a dettol/water solution.

hmmmm think it is my lifestyle catching up with me as I've also got a boil thing on my gum today..........

Time for a visit to the quack...

Do you wax? Could it be an In grow hair ?
Again magnesium pasted!

I used to get these all the time turned out to b abscesses on my under arm and had to get them lanced not pleasant but dnt get them so much anymore doc said they were caused by my body being run dwn
So try take sum time to chill out and go to docs just incase its not a spot or boil ;) x

Latest posts

Back