Aromatherapy help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
I am due to complete my advanced aromatherapy diploma soon. I already have a few massage clients who have shown an interest as an addition to relaxation massage, and also plan on switching most of my home use bath/shower/cleaning products to homemade aromatherapy ones! This course was done more for personal interest, and being able to add to my treatment list is just a bonus.
I am looking to start with just 10-12 essential oils. I keep reading my notes, and bokks, and internet, and just cant decide on which to start with. Lavender, tea tree, roman chamomile, lemon, ylang ylang and eucalyptus are definates, but I would really appreciate some advice from any of you that already offer this. What are your "must have" oils? Which would you recommend to start with?
Many thanks in advance :hug:

I am aromatherapist and I would say marjoram, geranium, grapefruit I love all the citrus oils

Im also an aromatherapist and if I had to pick 12 they would be

Lavender
Chamomile
Tea Tree
Eucalyptus
Sandalwood
Jasmine
Clary sage
Ginger
Geranium
Lemon
Mandarin
Neroli
Jasmine
and Rose although its pricey its definately one of my favourite oils

Ok i realise thats more than 12 but I couldnt choose

Lol I love all those I also like
Rosewood
Benzoin
The lists are Endless

My 12 would be:

Lavender
Geranium
Frankincense
Bergamot
Mandarin
Roman chamomile
Basil
Lime
Rosemary
Black pepper
Ginger
and rose

Oooh can I have juniper berry as well :)

Lavender
Geranium
Rose
Orange
Black Pepper
Eucalyptus
Grapefruit
Ginger
Sandalwood
Lemon
Camomile
Clary Sage

Thankyou all for the input! I'm guessing its mainly down to personal preference / scent?
I think to start with as long as I have the basics covered eg relaxing and calming properties, I should be ok to go with the couple I remember thinking "I NEED it" when I first smelt it when profiling my oils. Therefore I am going to be adding frankincense and bergamot!
Now to find the best supplier, search bar here I come ...

Penny Price Aromatherapy or Base Formula for high quality therapeutic grade essential oils :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back