Aromatherapy training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misskimsi3bee

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am Beauty therapist qualified and I have my diploma in Swedish massage, I would like to do my Aromatherapy qualification. Can I please have some help with this as I am very confused...

I work full time so I have looked at online courses, courses in my local area held by tutors and colleges. The college courses are a year long unlike the other courses but the shorter courses are all "accredited"...does this mean it is not a diploma?

Any information would be great, or recommendations :) I am in Cornwall x

Hi there,
No wonder you are confused as there are such a lot of courses being offered in your area. I have looked at some of the many providers.
I would always advocate a college course diploma as the first choice, that's me personally. That's what I did and yes it was a year -3 hours per week which I had to squeeze into my working day.
That was a very long time ago, training has changed so much. Accredited courses may be fine as long as you check if it is recognised with your professional body and insurance providers. My holistic friend did a short mani/pedi course and the course provider lied about the course and her insurance did not allow her to add the new service to the insured treatments she offered. So that was a waste of her time and money so pleased be very careful to check your own insurance provider.
Another thing to check if you arent't doing a college diploma is that you will be able to blend and mix your own oils, as some courses only allow the use of ready blended oils.
Good luck I hope you find something useful from my input.

Latest posts

Back