ARRRGGGHHHHH! Whats going wrong????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle77

Reaction score
I really need some help (professional!)

I've been up and running for a couple of months (have been qualified for year) and have had 2 people come back with discolouration to nails.

I have been doing all my prep correctly, there is no liquid contamination etc. I have used Creative l&p and have finished with applying solar oil. One client said that she thought it must have been the oil I put on!!!! I disagreed! I have also had a couple who after 2 weeks have returned because they have lost 6 nails!! I manage to keep all mine on (& come into contact with acetone!).

I can't understand why they are getting discoloured nails, one was smoker the other not, both say they have been using cuticle oil daily etc. Also one is returning tomoro coz a nail has lifted that I did on Wednesday.

Any suggestions??????? Please help, its not helping my confidence!!

Many thanx Michelle

Michelle77 said:
I really need some help (professional!)

I've been up and running for a couple of months (have been qualified for year) and have had 2 people come back with discolouration to nails.

I have been doing all my prep correctly, there is no liquid contamination etc. I have used Creative l&p and have finished with applying solar oil. One client said that she thought it must have been the oil I put on!!!! I disagreed! I have also had a couple who after 2 weeks have returned because they have lost 6 nails!! I manage to keep all mine on (& come into contact with acetone!).

I can't understand why they are getting discoloured nails, one was smoker the other not, both say they have been using cuticle oil daily etc. Also one is returning tomoro coz a nail has lifted that I did on Wednesday.

Any suggestions??????? Please help, its not helping my confidence!!

Many thanx Michelle
Discolouration after a few hours 2+ is down to external factors...............
The Solar oil does not cause discolouration!!!!!!!
Tanning bed lotion, Self tanning creams,Make up with added colour, Foundation aso, smoking etc. does...........
Lifting and loosing tips is down to, clients being hard on their nails, length might need re-adjusting..........
Client picking..............
Incorrect ratio so less product adhesion...........
Poor prep...................
Just a few pointers

Thanx Ruth for the suggestions, they have helped!

I knew it couldn't be the solar oil, I think the client wanted to blame something!

If it is the make up etc would they just need to ensure they wash hands thoroughly after applying???

The client that is returning tomoro rang me saturday to say one had lifted so I'm doing it tomoro, should I charge???? I'm starting to wonder what to do coz when 1 came back b4 with the discolouration I didn't. When do you charge?????

I'm going to be extra careful now with my prep and ratios!!!

Thanx Mich x

Michelle77 said:
Thanx Ruth for the suggestions, they have helped!

I knew it couldn't be the solar oil, I think the client wanted to blame something!

If it is the make up etc would they just need to ensure they wash hands thoroughly after applying???

The client that is returning tomoro rang me saturday to say one had lifted so I'm doing it tomoro, should I charge???? I'm starting to wonder what to do coz when 1 came back b4 with the discolouration I didn't. When do you charge?????

I'm going to be extra careful now with my prep and ratios!!!

Thanx Mich x
If they use a self tanning lotion or Sunbed lotion, they will have to wipe their hands immediatly after application, the staining does not show for a few hours.........
Have a look at the little lifter lol............
I deal with things this way.............If its my fault I fix free off charge...........
If it is down to the client they pay.......................

In my early days some problems where down to me, lack of expirience and yes it happens to all of us at one time or other......
But as long as you learn from it, then it is a small price to pay as it wont happen again............
Lifting in zone 3 can also be not pressing product firm enough on to the nail,we all press nice and firm in zones 1-2 but forget that we need to do this also in zone 3...........

But on another note, dont become a Door mat either.............
Some clients know a soft touch when they see one and will use this to their full advantage..........
You can fix it, call it goodwill gesture, but tell her, next time is paytime!!!!!!
But word it nicely lol !!!!! but firmly!!!!!!!

After care leaftlets including a statement like...........
Discolouration of enhancements
Something like:
Please note that Self Tanning lotions, Tan exelerators, Hairproducts, Tinted Lotions can discolour your enhancements, so please wipe/wash your hands thouroughly after the use of any of these..........
So they know it's down to them and not you, to keep the enhancements cared for!!!!!!

Thanx Ruth for ALL the info, really appreciate it!

I will amend my aftercare to include the discolouration part.

Thanx again

Mich xx :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back