Artistic Colour Gloss on Amazon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milli48

Reaction score
I'm trialling brands at the moment. I bought the old style bottle of Artistic Colour Gloss (Artistic Nail Design) from Louella Belle for a fantastic price during a 48 hour 3 for 2 promotion. I'm new to Artistic, and on first impressions it looks like a very professional brand with fantastic colour selection. However, I'm finding it applies quite differently from other gels I have (The Manicure Company, Akzentz, O.P.I). It also has that familiar odour of nail lacquer and it contains Nitrocellulose; could be why I can't 'tickle and pull' like I can with my other gels? I notice it varies widely from shade to shade, some go on like a dream and are absolutely stunning! Others are very patchy and need 3 thin coats. I'm loving the lighter shades and the neons, but the dark colours don't behave well. The consistency is very runny, so doing toes can be tricky. I'm thinking of using a different brush to apply next time I use it on feet, so I can have more control.
Today, I just discovered the old style bottle is available on Amazon, for an inflated price. I was shocked! I realise there are lots of people out there who want professional gels, but I feel like they are taking advantage of buyers who may not understand how to safely use gel products (uncured gel on the skin and allergies). Can anybody relate?

Latest posts

Back