Artistic Colour Gloss recommendations please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I know a lot of Geeks use ACG, I use some colours too, Posh being a top colour with my clients. I have got a few ACG colours now and in light of Louellabelles great offers and price changes, I have decided to phase out my Gelish colours replacing them with ACG.

But I need a little help with picking colours similar to my most popular Gelish colours namely;
Ambience
Night Reflection
Bella's vampire

Any recommendations for new colours and any swatches would be great too :)

Just curious, Izzi, as I've heard of others who've really liked ACG apart from the price tag, but what is it you especially like about it? What makes you want to phase out gelish in favour of ACG?

I don't see any difference really Deena, and they are made by the same company.
I have just found the colours I do have (I got 2 collections last Christmas) have been popular and have never had any issues. Louellabelle I found very helpful when I called about those collections and IBX, and now they have reduced prices across the board and put on a great 6 for the price of 5 colours too, I think now is the time to embrace the range wholeheartedly :)
I still use Shellac but I want more, different, fun colours and I think ACG can give me that.

Last edited:
On the Newsletter they sent the other day they mentioned Morgan Taylor Polish matching ACG colours. I bet with a bit of detective work it might be possible to identify the Gelish colours that already match the MT Polishes and then see if any of these particular shades are said to match ACG colours too. That way you might be able to do a like for like swap.

It's not one of your popular ones you listed but I really like So Innn, a soft creme mid tone purple. There are so many Gelish colours though, I'm not sure it would match any. But it is different enough to compliment a Shellac collection (this pic makes it look similar to Rock Royalty, but it is not as deep).

picture.php

Thanks, nicole333 its a lovely colour.

Can anyone tell me if Glistening is like Gelish Ambience?

I am looking through the other ACG threads for ideas of colours to get but haven't come across it yet.

Yes, I have read through it, and it has been very useful.....would have been better if everyone had posted the colours used alongside the pictures though :)

I think I will give up on trying to match with Gelish colours and just phase them out in favour of new colours, as there doesn't seem to be much of a crossover colourwise.

My choices so far are
Glisten
Caviar for breakfast
Diva chic
Eccentric
Vogue
Goddess....which I know is popular as this is a repeat order !

Does everyone else find these colours popular?

Popular colours for me are:

Trist/flirty - gorgeous hot pinks
Snapdragon - coral - popular in summer
Hotness - red glitter - popular at Xmas
Princess - pink glitter - popular on trist/flirty
Diva Chic - deep red

Xxx

I use ACG along side Shellac. More and more of my clients are wanting it in preference.
My most popular colours are:
Owned- AMAZING COLOUR!
Hotzy,
Diva Chick,
Glisten
Impulse
Sexy,
Sultry
Snapdragon
That's just off the top of my head.

Really pleased I brought this collection in.x

ACG twinkles is almost identical to gelish ambience, I had to buy it when I ran out of ambience before and apart from the bottle being black clients didn't even notice a difference x

ACG twinkles is almost identical to gelish ambience, I had to buy it when I ran out of ambience before and apart from the bottle being black clients didn't even notice a difference x
Thanks for that, I put my order in and thought Glisten would be most like Ambience ;) but it is more opaque, I certainly won't need to be ordering anymore pearly/sparkly pale pinks for a while as I have a Gelish almost exactly the same (can't remember name) and Shellac Grapefruit Sparkle!

Cheers for the help everyone, I got and love Diva Chic as did a lot of my clients last week, caviar for breakfast was more sheer than I thought, but it is also great, and layers well over reds and other purples. Result!

I have also taken advantage if the louellabelle prices change and offers and just ordered myself the starter kit and 6 colours. I'm really impressed so far. I'm a shellac girl but I'm loving the shine from hotzy. And posh is beautiful but I'm a little disappointed in manic......very different from the colour guide! I will defo be buying more. Also I recieved 6 colours but only 3 polishes as the other 3 didn't have a match.

I'm trying to choose another 6 & struggling to choose between them all.

Latest posts

Back