Artistic french

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ris

Reaction score
Hello! :)
This is an old job but I've neverthereless decided to post it to possibly get some oppinions from you on the art.
And whether you think this design may be 'reserved' enough for everyday wear.

These are very beautiful ! They look like Abalone shell on the tips. Quite original as I have never seen anything quite like them .... even I would wear this, ris, and I am very conservative.

These are beautiful!!!
How did you do the effect?
:hug:

LOVELY!

I don't see why not?
I suppose it depends on the personal taste of the wearer.
Black is a classic and neutral colour that goes with everything.
I, too, LOVE the abalone effect!!
They kinda, sorta resemble the marbling that I do.
Many of my clients love to wear a french marble. And they work in offices, clothing stores, etc..
So I don't see why anyone couldn't wear yours.

I would LOVE to know how you did the abalone though. Foil? Polish?

Thanks for sharing!

These look so pretty!
I too would like to know how you have done these

Come on, tell us how you did them! LOL They have a really beautiful effect.

Quite original as I have never seen anything quite like them .... even I would wear this, ris, and I am very conservative.

Oh! Really nice to hear that from you!
You may give it a try yourself. ;)

They kinda, sorta resemble the marbling that I do.
Many of my clients love to wear a french marble. And they work in offices, clothing stores, etc..
So I don't see why anyone couldn't wear yours.
I would LOVE to know how you did the abalone though. Foil? Polish?

About how I did it: it is very simple. :)
It’s just acrylic paint: black, dark-gray, dirt-brown (optional) and pearl green (opalescent ?).
I dilute them well so that they are quite runny and also because you will need the black and gray to be semi-transparent in some places as you may see on the pic.
Using the black paint draw a thin line marking the smiley. Let it dry, take a thicker brush and paint the whole edge alternating colours to get the marbled look. As the paints are quite thin they will run into each other and thus you get the effect. Also the texture looks different because of the nacreous green.
Let it all dry, then I use iridescent dim gray varnish (may be a paint, may be slightly different shade :) to mark the ‘borderlines’ where different shades meet - not everywhere, of course, just in some places – it brings out the pattern.
Of course, you can experiment with colours but I think that the combo of matte and nacre is a must.

Hope, it helps. :)
Don’t forget to use a top-coat!

Let it all dry, then I use iridescent dim gray varnish (may be a paint, may be slightly different shade :) to mark the ‘borderlines’ where different shades meet - not everywhere, of course, just in some places – it brings out the pattern.

Come to think of it, and a little platinum white (paint) to set it off.

OH these are fabby and you just helped me figure out how to do something I've wanted to do for a while (Blue paua tips). Thank you! :)

I really like them, very pretty work babes x

OH these are fabby and you just helped me figure out how to do something I've wanted to do for a while (Blue paua tips). Thank you! :)
Welcome )

Latest posts

Back