Artistic Rock Hard Nails Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becki2003

Reaction score
Hi I have done a search (I'm at work and on my phone) but can't find the specific answer I'm looking for.
I was considering the Artistic Rock Hard Nails Gels and wondered how strong they were and do they hold up well against L&P?
Before I get told they're entirely different my reason for asking is that I've developed an allergy (of some sort) to L&P. I have been to a dermatologist but my patch test is in august. Until then I have been told to stay away from L&P altogether but I can't really afford to turn those clients away. So I'm searching for an almost alternative. I currently use Brisa Lite and I love it and have no problems and am considering adding Brisa or Rock Hard.
Has anyone with an allergy to L&P tried rock hard gel? Did you get a reaction? Is it hypoallergenic like Brisa? Does it hold up well for clients that have previously had L&P? Or is anyone a gel only tech that uses it and how do you convert your L&P enquiries? Or for that matter is anyone a gel only tech using any brand and how do you convert you clients?
If anyone has any more info I'd love to hear it too.
Sorry for the long winded post. I love my job but can't stand the itching and the cracking any more and I still have 3 months to wait for the initial patch test. Thank you all in advance for your help xx

Just bumping this up in the hope x

I had a reaction to Young Nails L&P, am now using Roch hard gel. I love it.

I had a reaction to Young Nails L&P, am now using Roch hard gel. I love it.

Thank you. Did you find out what in Youngs Nails you had a reaction to? Was it an ingredient or filling dust etc? Do you wear gloves? And what do you say to clients that ask for "acrylic" (L&P)? X

If you go on Facebook & look for Camilla Rogers she is a fab Educator for Artistic, she will be able to help you

This is really interesting I have same problem I qualified in l&p in feb just got the hang of it and luv doing extensions when my fingers have flared up itchy sore and peeling. Im gutted now wondering weather to go into hard gel so any info would be great. I use nsi acrylic at mo :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had the same issue and was put onto the NSI Universal liquid. It's clear not tinted purple and I no longer have allergic reactions with L&P using this.
I believe you can purchase small sample (60ml) bottles of this so maybe give it a try. Do a swab test on your arm to see if you react, that's what I do. Wait a few days though, sometimes products react 48 hrs later with me.

I have not used the Artistic gel however I have used the Artistic Colour gloss polishes and found these quite bad in setting off my allergies. One of the worst in fact. I tried talking to my educator here about it but she didn't want to know so it's put me off using any of their products now.

CND Brisa and Brisa Lite are the only enhancement gels I can use without getting a reaction.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou for your reply, ill look in to universal monomer I do shellac and gelish and have no reactions with these, waiting for my fingers to heal then ill try other products :)

Artistic L&P do a mini trial kit so you can test out the product, it's amazing!

Thankyou for your reply, ill look in to universal monomer I do shellac and gelish and have no reactions with these, waiting for my fingers to heal then ill try other products :)

I'm the same. No problem with Gelish, Shellac or Brisa Lite. Haven't tried Brisa but have to wait for my hands to heal before I can. Thank you to everyone that's commented so far. I'll try the universal liquid from NSI too x

Latest posts

Back