ASDA/TESCO... Child car spaces!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the first thing i would say is that i have always managed in a standard sized parking bay and secondly having numerous amounts of children does make things more awkward,however

lets say all the bays were taken by parents with babies,you would go and find another bay and park in it and this wouldn't be a problem,right ?

So where's the big deal ? If it's simply the principle of it i'd say don't sweat it,too much frowning results in needing botox :D
The original point was, people parking in these bays with no children, that annoyed me! (at the end of the day there are these bays, wether or not people agree with them or not) ,I then replied to a post about someone saying they dont know why mothers should park closer to the shop,which isnt why I wanted to use the spaces, it was because they are bigger. so the point is ..... Im fine with there being no spaces if they are all used by people needing them!:) I think this thread is beginning to get a little confusing!:smack:

:lol: maybe it is a little confusing,i was sort of answering a couple of peeps at once.

My point is ok,peeps shouldn't use them but in the grand scheme of things it's not someting i want or need so i'm not fussed lol

Well I did struggle parking in a normal sized space with an 18 month child and a newborn, tbh it was hell, but hey!
It doesnt bother me either, but when these spaces are taken up by business men, white van peeps and peeps without kids, it riles me aswell!
Its like I would never park in a disabled space, because they are for....um the disabled and elderly!

Im not bothered if disabled peeps or elderly peeps park in the Mother and Baby spaces though, because they need the space more than we do I suposse!

xxx:hug:

To me it's not about having the extra space (although this helps when they are in carseats/buggies). It's about having a safe walk from the car to the store.

I think stores should put Parent and Child spaces either near the entrance of the store or have a walkway to the store. Some of my local stores have P/C spaces but you have to walk down the middle of the road with your kids, to get into the store.

You wouldn't walk down the middle of a residental street with cars driving pass.

My local Tesco and Morrisons have the parent and child spaces slightly further away from the store, but this is to allow the spaces to be directly accessed from the paving which leads right to the store without having to go on the carpark at all. This makes sense to me, as a child can so easily move at least a few steps without you noticing as you take baby out of the car, and it is so much safer if it is at the side of the path than somewhere in the middle of the carpark.

Following up on the Disabled bays, my BF has a disabled badge. We were at the cinema a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get a disabled space. We counted the number of badges we saw on the cars in the bays and only 3 out of about 15 had a badge. I complained to the duty manager of the cinema, but he said there was nothing they could do, as they didn't own/run the carpark, although he would pass our complaint on to the company who did.

Marion x

following on from your comment Marion...

the cinema/restaurant complex in my local UK town has a privately owned car park and they clamp and fine £80 for parking in a disabled bay without a badge...
I have witnessed many a fine there and it is very satisfying....

Over here in my local town...the local police do put tickets on offending cars in disabled bays...but they are ripped up and put in the gutter...the fine is about 3€ and it is never enforced or bothered with...:rolleyes:

totally with ya on this, when i had emily, and i went shopping, you could guarantee spaces where taken by men on there own, oap's or someone with no kids with them. its the same with the disabled spaces

THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON. and should be used for the purpose they are intended for

There is a sign in the carpark saying they will be clamped, etc, but I've never seen anyone patrolling it any time I've been there.
Marion x

I get so mad when I take my daughter shopping she is 12 years old but has Arthritis so can some times have problems walking long distances so she has a Disabled Badge.
The looks we get from people when we park is unreal they make you feel like criminals for using the space.

If the Disabled Bays are full we will use a Child and Mother space and I have even had a mother park in front of me and tell me to move as I don't have a buggy wtf I am as untitled to park there as the next person:irked:
They normally look so embarrassed when they see me put the badge in the window and I just give them a smug look.

Quite right Karen....and good for you!!!
I was being a bit cheeky and tongue in cheek earlier but you have the badge and you are entitled and should be the one using the disabled bays.

It doesn't really bother me, I can walk that little bit further, although that little extra space does help when getting babies out of car seats.

What the hell did we do before they introduced these parking spaces?

It doesn't really bother me, I can walk that little bit further, although that little extra space does help when getting babies out of car seats.

What the hell did we do before they introduced these parking spaces?

You just banged your door into the car next to you:)

You just banged your door into the car next to you:)
True lol or found a space with a little more room and walk an extra 50 yards!

And that happens without having kids to get out of the car!

Well you know I'm always honest..even if it's detrimental at times but....
my dad used to park in these spaces years ago when me and my brother were with him..and I was saying what the hell are you doing dad??
he said "they are parent and child spaces...I'm the parent and you are my child"
I soon gave him a kick in the right direction but see how things can be misconstrued?
Especially if you want them to be.

Another bugbear of mine is - people parking in the pick up / setting down spaces. I've seen them fill a whole trolley and then return to their car - smug grin pasted on their face. GRRR:mad:

Another bugbear of mine is - people parking in the pick up / setting down spaces. I've seen them fill a whole trolley and then return to their car - smug grin pasted on their face. GRRR:mad:
A little nudge with the wing mirror works wonders.

I can't say that i understand where your coming from, (as i am neither disabled nor have any kids) but i would like to add that Asda at the moment are having a crackdown on people miss-using these spaces, and are issuing fines to those found parking in these spaces when there is no need for them to do so. As far as i know, this is happening at all stores, not just my local one. :hug:

Rubbish Rubbish rubbish its not disabled people who should get preferential treatment its the bloody hangers on who get blue badges and who never seem to have a disabed person with them that really annoy me:irked:

Yep the misuse of the disable spaces is my pet hate

I have no problem with people who are disables using them (good on them it means they are getting out and about ).:lol:

What really gets my goat up is the blue badge brigade they are not disabled they are mostly young people who stick it on there new car and run into the shops..

The other day I was parked in Asda car park waiting on my mum to come out and (i was in a non disables spot) and this wee car drove round and round with a man and woman in it looking for a spot a non disabled and non could be found.

Low and behond out comes this young girl and jumps into her new yellow bettle car removes her blue badge and drives off just then the man and woman come round again and drive into the spot the girl has just left the man gets out and takes a wheel chair out of the boot and helps the lady out.

know who do you think should have used the spot????

I know Im going on a bit but it really gets my goat up instead of the Super markets making some stupit law about the disables parking spots They should make sure a disabled person is using it!!!:irked: Know that would be more fare.

well enough about my pet dislikes

Catherine

Wow, we don't even have those here in the states!! :irked: Wish we did though! We do have the handicap parking.

All I can say is INTERNETSHOPPING! No need for parking at all. Far less stress and far less hassle for everyone!

All I can say is INTERNETSHOPPING! No need for parking at all. Far less stress and far less hassle for everyone!
OOoooooh! yes, I love shopping on line at tesco and having it delivered to my door! it's great! maybe I should start doing that again!:)

Latest posts

Back