Ash hair colour has turned my hair blue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherry45647

Reaction score
I’m not a professional but i’m really hoping for some advice.

I had my hair professionally coloured yesterday. My hair was a light brown with a lot of light blonde highlights - it essentially just looked almost completely blonde. i’d been blonde for a few years now and really wanted to get as close to my natural colour as possible (a dark ash blonde colour).
My hairdresser used wella koleston perfect 7/18 medium blonde ash pearl .
I’ve since learnt that she should have filled my hair before doing this. As my hair had been previously bleached it had no warmth to it
. Because of this, my hair has turned ash brown/grey underneath with a lot of metallic blue highlights!! I will try to attach a photo. It pretty much looks completely blue.
To get it corrected, it’s going to be really expensive, and money is tight atm - and i’d prefer to not go back to that hairdresser. I’m just wondering if there’s anything I can possibly do myself to get some of the blue out or make it a warmer colour? If not, if I go to a different hairdresser, is it fixable?
Thanks so much!
43A67F54-2708-4B46-9697-05C86866348F.png43A67F54-2708-4B46-9697-05C86866348F.pngA3DC427D-B3AA-4309-94D4-3B4930173654.jpeg82640BF7-5F0C-4525-80EC-7F73A74EE427.jpeg4630B5AB-12DE-4320-82C8-E86A271131CA.jpeg

Last edited:
It's definitely fixabke! Did that hairdresser mention anything to you? That's a lot of blue... Not just a few bits 😂. Even if you have no intention of going back, I'd definitely let them know what your hair is like. It's not even at the right depth. 7/18 isn't dark enough to match a natural dark ash blonde.
We can't give technical colour advice to non professionals sorry. But you could soften this yourself with a shampoo or a tinted mask if you were willing. I'm sur ei can give you guidance on that as they're not harsh chemicals and are widely available to the public :)

You really should return to the hairdresser and ask them to fix it for you although I’m surprised with their colour choice and that they told you exactly what they were using. Unusual.

It's definitely fixabke! Did that hairdresser mention anything to you? That's a lot of blue... Not just a few bits 😂. Even if you have no intention of going back, I'd definitely let them know what your hair is like. It's not even at the right depth. 7/18 isn't dark enough to match a natural dark ash blonde.
We can't give technical colour advice to non professionals sorry. But you could soften this yourself with a shampoo or a tinted mask if you were willing. I'm sur ei can give you guidance on that as they're not harsh chemicals and are widely available to the public :)

Thanks so much, do you have anything you’d recommend? not sure what i’m looking for. Thanks!

You really should return to the hairdresser and ask them to fix it for you although I’m surprised with their colour choice and that they told you exactly what they were using. Unusual.

I’ve contacted and they’re going to sort it. Mobile hairdresser - disposed of the box at my house. That’s how I know what colour they had used.

Thanks so much, do you have anything you’d recommend? not sure what i’m looking for. Thanks!
Are you sure the hairdresser who did this wouldn't want to fix it? Technically they shouldn't charge you to correct it, because this is their mistake!

Sorry you must have replied when I was typing my reply 🙈

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure the hairdresser who did this wouldn't want to fix it? Technically they shouldn't charge you to correct it, because this is their mistake!

Sorry you must have replied when I was typing my reply 🙈

I’ve contacted them and they are willing to fix it for me, I’ll have to pay for the product used though but they won’t charge me for time. Not too bad I suppose but not great. She can’t fit me in for a few days though, just want the blue toning down for now 😣

That’s ridiculous. No, they shouldn’t be charging you for anything as they made a mistake in the first place by choosing the wrong colour and not pre-pigging.

After they’ve corrected it, depending on their attitude towards you, unless they’re extremely apologetic, I’d be inclined to find a new hairdresser.

You shouldn't be charged for anything now, you paid them to make your hair dark ash blonde, not metalic blue! If they didn't think it was achievable they should have said. Looks to me as though they chose the wrong colour and palmed you off. I wouldn't charge somones for my mistakes!
If metalic blue is what you asked for - and that's what you got, then you changed your mind obviously I'd charge you but not if it wasn't what you'd asked for! 😂

Latest posts

Back