Ash over brass!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pammy69

Reaction score
What do you guys use or recommend for some nice Ashy tones over brassy bleached blondes? I've been using the K and C range in Aquarely but I'm not 100% happy, any ideas welcome

I don’t know what that is? Is it a toner?

No Aquarely is a whole brand range, it's Italian, and I'm usually happy with all their other tints, fab at grey coverage, but not so fab with ash, I have a client that's bleached her her to a daffodil yellow and she now wants ash , any suggestions?

I’m guessing from your description that it’s lifted to an 8?
Are you toning at the level lifted or colouring it lighter?

If you want to tone it then you’ll need a level 8 purple ash but it depends what brands you normally use.

If you're toning brassy hair ahd want ashy result you HAVE to go 2 shades darker or you're going to get muddy flat results, if you want a ashy level 8 the hair needs to be a 10, or if you're a brassy level 7 use a 5.1/5a in order to get actual ashy results otherwise it really won't happen.

For a true ashy result you can't put 8.1 (or whatever ashy tone) over the same level unless you're a 9 or 10 youre still going to have leftover strong warmth.

For a true ashy result you can't put 8.1 (or whatever ashy tone) over the same level unless you're a 9 or 10 youre still going to have leftover strong warmth.

Hello Daniel, I see you’re back. What have you been up to during the last 4 years?

Upskilling, mobile hairdressing and working in a salon for the past 3 years.

That tip is from lisalovesbalayage on Instagram (Lisa walker) check her out.

Latest posts

Back