Asian hair level 2 virgin hair to Wella 6/73?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
new client asian with a base 2 virgin hair, wanting asimilar colour to wella 6/73 would have to use 40 vol will this lift it enough ? or is there anything else like majiblond ultra or majilift..matrix etc .i dont really want to pre lighten or use bleach...you advice would be brill :D cheers

new client asian with a base 2 virgin hair, wanting asimilar colour to wella 6/73 would have to use 40 vol will this lift it enough ? or is there anything else like majiblond ultra or majilift..matrix etc .i dont really want to pre lighten or use bleach...you advice would be brill :D cheers

i would maybe take a few test cuttings and try either something on the base of an 8 with some ash just so it doesnt go too golden because it will naturally lift quite golden with it being so dark i dont have a colour chart to hand but if u do that then u will see how it lifts and then u should have a good enough knowledge on what colour to use x

thanks sammy will do xxxx

Also remember the heat band.. Maybe do ends first and do the heat band last as it will lift way more

I would possible do a bleach bath to prelighten it a couple of shades then colour over it with a quasi (colour touch)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

I would possible do a bleach bath to prelighten it a couple of shades then colour over it with a quasi (colour touch)

she doesnt want any bleach...will do mid.ends then roots last plus its virgin hair

Last edited:
Why would you bleach bath virgin hair? You would have screaming roots when you applied whatever afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Why would you bleach bath virgin hair? You would have screaming roots when you applied whatever afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Why not? I would rather bleach bath than apply a tint with 40vol, how and ever.. I don't not need questioned, the op asked a question, I gave an answer which they do or don't need to take on board which is upto them, that's what the forum is all about. Not for other peoples methods to be questioned. Thanks.. But no thanks.

Why not? I would rather bleach bath than apply a tint with 40vol, how and ever.. I don't not need questioned, the op asked a question, I gave an answer which they do or don't need to take on board which is upto them, that's what the forum is all about. Not for other peoples methods to be questioned. Thanks.. But no thanks.

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

Wiki ^ I only asked a question In response to your answer? Hence the question mark!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

Wiki ^ I only asked a question In response to your answer? Hence the question mark!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

You also posted a question mark after a sentence which was not a question, it was a statement, a statement in which you were being condescending and spoke as a superior.
Glad you found time to look up Wikipedia to find out what a forum was and I am also glad you understand.
You also done it again with the question mark.
If you would like to reply to the OP's question just to help them, instead of critiquing or users intellect.
Feedback where not asked for or required should not be given.

If she wants a similar colour to 6/73 then use high lift tint in a virgin application manner with 30 vol e.g like a 12/89

hi just a heads up i used an 8 with a touch of ash with 40 vol and it came out great and lifted well..with no need to pre lighten.hair condition was lovely too...thanks for all the advice :Love:

These kind of questions really show up which hairdressers to stir clear of!
I would use a 8/1 with 30vol. Mid length and first and then roots. :)

Pleased to see the hair geek forums are as bitchy as the nail ones. Hilarious

Gosh.. :( work together people x:thumbup::D

id use ash as you will get soo much warmth lifting from a level 2. i use affinage and have done similar colour on client used 7.11 + 40 vol virgin head application. colour was lovely !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Why is applying a tint and 40 vol viewed as preferable to using a quality lightener and 20 vol?

Why is applying a tint and 40 vol viewed as preferable to using a quality lightener and 20 vol?

For me it's more gaurenteed even if you apply bleach thicker or thinner it & the heat band it can be a lot more work

Latest posts

Back