Asking for a disclaimer instead of patch test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Star

Reaction score
If you saw that someone was offering treatments for the day, say for instance at a fete, and the treatment that was on offer was eyelash and eyebrow tinting. BUT instead of asking for a patch test, a disclaimer was asked to be signed on the day of treatment - would you challenge that person?

I really think that patch tests are so important that for a therapist to offer disclaimers instead, is in my opinion, irresponsible.
Do you think that such treatments shouldn't be offered at these kind of events where testing cannot happen?

i was told a college to only offer a disclaimer if the client refused to have a patch test ? !

Many insurance companies do not accept disclaimers if a claim was to be made. No patch test, no tint IMO!

I feel that too many people think that they can get away with any responsibilty resting with them by offering disclaimers. Why don't we just dump the patch test altogether and disclaim everything :rolleyes:??

The patch test is there to protect the client from harm. I have seen a nasty reaction to a patch test..... and would not wish it on mine or a clients eyes!

I have to agree with Mrs Clooney as in my insurance policy it clearly states that a patch test must be carried out at least 24 hours prior to the treatment to be covered. I am insured with the Guild if this helps.

If you saw that someone was offering treatments for the day, say for instance at a fete, and the treatment that was on offer was eyelash and eyebrow tinting. BUT instead of asking for a patch test, a disclaimer was asked to be signed on the day of treatment - would you challenge that person?

I really think that patch tests are so important that for a therapist to offer disclaimers instead, is in my opinion, irresponsible.
Do you think that such treatments shouldn't be offered at these kind of events where testing cannot happen?
Lash & brow tinting at a fete? What next, botox at a car boot sale?

I was once told that a disclaimer is like admitting you know what you're doing is wrong... but you'll do it anyway.

And a disclaimer will rarely stand up in a court case!

Unfortunately a disclaimer may not stand up in court should things go wrong and before considering to use these things you really should check with your insurer first.

IMO do a patch test..if they wont/cant don't risk it ..say no :hug:.

I'm at a pamper party now where they are tinting without testing first (I'm assuming unless they have all been tested before if the girl came out yesterday). I'm screamingly allergic to tint so I think it is doulbly doubly stupid! I can't imagine what I would have done if my eyes reacted as badly as my arms did! I'd be in hell! Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Disclaimers = not worth the paper they are written on

Simples! :lol:

Latest posts

Back