Asking for advice on how to "Control Clients"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - I can't believe this how awful for you!!! I have had this happen a couple of times. When my clients are 15 minutes late i ring them - if they don't answer i leave a message asking where they are - if i get no return call then i call again. If nothing then i remind them they will have to pay FULL price for the time slot they have wasted for their appointment ( the cost they would have paid if they had turned up) If they do turn up and i have other clients coming then i tell them they have to go home but first they have to pay me. They booked an appointment and if you have price lists etc then you will have on there already terms and conditions - one of them should be no shows/late and cancellations. As for the children well you will have to tell her that it is a place of work and it is not on for them to be messing around and making it difficult for you to do your job. To be honest with you i do not understand why they are still getting a discounted rate- you are qualified now and they were only getting this discount as they were helping you train! I would let them both know politely that you will be charging them full price in future as none of your other clients get discounted rates anymore ( if any do then i suggest saying the same thing to them except to family maybe : )

All in all you do not need the hassle of these sorts of people as they are obviously taking advantage and as for asking for food for her kids .......what a bloomin cheek - get rid of them if they disagree with paying full price and suggest they find a new salon where they will defo be paying more!!

Lisa

I had an unruly 2 year old in my salon. His mother never said a word to him about his behaviour.
My beautician came in and told him that when her children were young and they were naughty then she used to put them in a box.
Don't know who was more shocked-mom or son!
They were good as gold after that and i had a good laugh about that.
Kids bless em.
As for being 45 mins late. Ridiculous! It's a shame you didn't have clients booked in straight after and then you would have had to cancel them.
Honestly you don't need clients like that. It's your home, your business and your decisions.

Be my guest hun, I stole most of the wording from Victoria Hunter - and she knows that:lol:
xxxxxxx

LOL to be honest, I didn't :lol: I don't remember word for word, everything I write. But thanks :lol:

I think being firm with regards to kids is important.
Firstly, it's unsafe for them to be around as accidents happen, no matter how careful someone is or how well behaved a child is.
Secondly, if ever anyone made exceptions because a certain child is very well behaved and some other mother caught on... next you no.. you're caught in an uncomfortable convo about why her demon can't be there :lol:
Thirdly... a treatment is supposed to be relaxing to Mom. HOW on earth can it be so, because even with the best behaved child, they will interupt at some point and ask for something.

EVEN FOR MYSELF... I get frustrated and gave hubby heck the other night. My children know they are not to be upstairs when I'm working. They are to play downstairs. And hubby decided they were being good and he head upstairs to play on the puter. Guess what? They argued, he couldn't hear them (we have 3 floors: basement, main & bedrooms/puter room upstairs) and so I got stuck dealing with them, thereby interupting my service. I was NOT happy about it.
They don't come into the room, but stand at the doorway (because it's on route to upstairs) and voice their argument, interupting and disrupting the solitude. Disruptions also add time to the service, and time is money. The longer it takes to do something, the less you make per hour.

I gave him grief afterwards.
In a perfect world, I'd be working outside the home, or in a converted garage completely separate from the living area and I wouldn't be disrupted. So, even with kids taught not to disrupt, and to stay out....it happens.
So imagine with a child who is NOT accustomed.... eeks, nightmare.

Stand firm and avoid headaches.:hug:

Poor you. Perhaps put some ground rules in place? ANd not offer her treatments again. She'd be a blacklisted client for me there's no two ways about it.

Hiya
Am a bit of an old hand in this industry, and would advise anyone that if a client gives you that amount of stress, or if you don't actually end up making any profit from her, then its best to "let go" of that client. Some people will try it on to get discounts or avoid paying. I have learn't that they will behave like this to every person performing services on them. there will always be more clients. sack the nasty ones and cultivate the ones that you enjoy working on!

Latest posts

Back