ASP products - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharontay

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Im new to this site - i hope you can help me!

I have recently completed me UV Gel Extension course and have chosen to use ASP products. However im so confused, my head is literally going to explode soon :(

Firstly, are the UV soak off gels strong enough to hold a short extension tip? I have read mixed reviews.

When applying the ASP Nail protector and Sealer, do i put this directly onto a cured nail or do i use a finishing wipe on the nail first then apply it? I take it the sealer needs curing aswell?

Also i know that the ASP T3 Gel is a hard gel and therefore requires buffing off, but my tutor said that these hard gels can also be removed by soaking/lifting/soaking/lifting using remover and an orange wood stick.

If anyone has any experience of using these products and can help me i would really appreciate it as there is just no information out there regarding directions of use for these products.

Many Thanks

Sharon

Hi everyone!

Im new to this site - i hope you can help me!

I have recently completed me UV Gel Extension course and have chosen to use ASP products. However im so confused, my head is literally going to explode soon :(

Firstly, are the UV soak off gels strong enough to hold a short extension tip? I have read mixed reviews.

When applying the ASP Nail protector and Sealer, do i put this directly onto a cured nail or do i use a finishing wipe on the nail first then apply it? I take it the sealer needs curing aswell?

Also i know that the ASP T3 Gel is a hard gel and therefore requires buffing off, but my tutor said that these hard gels can also be removed by soaking/lifting/soaking/lifting using remover and an orange wood stick.

If anyone has any experience of using these products and can help me i would really appreciate it as there is just no information out there regarding directions of use for these products.

Many Thanks

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Did you do your training with ASP???
I work mostly with gel as my asthma dictates the chemicals I can work with.. I've used ASP for 2 years and find it great. However there are a few things to know.

No Hard Gel can be soaked off as they are non porous and do not let acetone through to break down the polymers. T3 gels are a flexible gel so that it moves with the nail.

ASP Soak off gels are removable by acetone as they are porous once the surface has been removed. This allows accetone to penetrate through tiny holes and undo the polymer links.
Soak off gel is used for a short nails extension but it is not as hard waring and has a slight rubbery texture. And as a top coat I would use ASP signature top coat which is cured then wiped off. I would apply this to a final shaped nail or to the last sticky layer of gel. This stops that rubbery feel.

For hard gel finishing I tend to use salon services no wipe top coat which is fab. I apply this to nails once they have been cured and finish filed.

Thankyou soooo much that's been really helpful! I hate the buffing off process so I would to keep using the soak off gel for extensions but how long do you think they would last? I will purchase a hard gel as obviously some people will want the harder wearing nails. Thankyou for your advice about the top coats. I wasn't getting on with ASP Nail protector and sealer. It wouldn't cure to my soak off gels.. do you know why this could be?

And do I need to use a base coat with the T3 gel? From my understanding of the product you don't but seeing as you have more experience than me I would appreciate your opinion on this!

Thanks again x

there is a dedicated ASP help line where you can talk to someone and get all the help you need. The store you training at should have given you their number.

Thankyou soooo much that's been really helpful! I hate the buffing off process so I would to keep using the soak off gel for extensions but how long do you think they would last? I will purchase a hard gel as obviously some people will want the harder wearing nails. Thankyou for your advice about the top coats. I wasn't getting on with ASP Nail protector and sealer. It wouldn't cure to my soak off gels.. do you know why this could be?

And do I need to use a base coat with the T3 gel? From my understanding of the product you don't but seeing as you have more experience than me I would appreciate your opinion on this!

Thanks again x

I've never used nail protector sealer. So can't help you there.

The T3 gel is your base coat and builder gel. Just apply a very thin contact layer then cure. Then apply a thicker later for building. Do as many layers as needed but remember to degrease and prime the nail.

When you buy the ASP kits the helpline number is on the box. And as Howard says, you can get their number from any sallys branch. Xx

Thankyou so much you have been a big help! Xx

Latest posts

Back