ASP Signature

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach_267

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently opened my own business and have been using ASP signature gel polish. I am finding it really difficult to work with and am getting a lot of shrinkage. I have started flash curing each nail which helps but I’m still not 100% happy with the finished result. I am thinking of completely giving up with this brand and trying another. I don’t want to throw more money away though on the wrong brand is there anyone who uses ASP Signature gels who is happy with it? I’d really appreciate any advice. What are people’s opinions on shellac? I’ve heard it’s bad for the nails but have also heard that it’s one of the top brands alongside gelish sorry for the long post! So confused!

Hi everyone, I recently opened my own business and have been using ASP signature gel polish. I am finding it really difficult to work with and am getting a lot of shrinkage. I have started flash curing each nail which helps but I’m still not 100% happy with the finished result. I am thinking of completely giving up with this brand and trying another. I don’t want to throw more money away though on the wrong brand is there anyone who uses ASP Signature gels who is happy with it? I’d really appreciate any advice. What are people’s opinions on shellac? I’ve heard it’s bad for the nails but have also heard that it’s one of the top brands alongside gelish sorry for the long post! So confused!
ASP I believe is more of a budget brand compared to others. I use shellac and am due to train in biosculpture in a few weeks. People do pay for the brand and I'm adding biosculpture to my services due to people specifically wanting the brand - each brand has their own pros and cons and what works for one nail tech won't work for another. I would suggest purchasing a base/top and one colour in a system and see how you find it before investing in the whole system. Better to find out you don't like a brand after buying 3 bottles rather than 20 odd! x

ASP I believe is more of a budget brand compared to others. I use shellac and am due to train in biosculpture in a few weeks. People do pay for the brand and I'm adding biosculpture to my services due to people specifically wanting the brand - each brand has their own pros and cons and what works for one nail tech won't work for another. I would suggest purchasing a base/top and one colour in a system and see how you find it before investing in the whole system. Better to find out you don't like a brand after buying 3 bottles rather than 20 odd! x

Thanks for the advice that’s a good idea about just buying one to try. Do you like the shellac?

Hi,

I use Shellac and find it a great product. Its certainly not bad for the nails either. CND pride themselves on Shellac causing zero nail damage. You’ll be amazed at how easily they soak off, which is another reason I love it so much.

However like most things it works really well with some clients but no so well on others. If a client has very thin brittle nails to begin with, then it’s likely to lift faster, but CND also have a Gel called Brisa Lite which is perfect to use as a base layer before your colour to prolong the wear of the Polish.

Shellac is designed as a 2 week Polish but most my ladies get 3 weeks wear and I have a few that can get 4 weeks. A big part of this is making sure it is applied properly and that the nail prep is thorough and a cleanse and dehydrator should be used prior to application. Another key factor is making sure you apply very thin layers. Some colours may require 3 or 4 layers but it’s better to put more thin layers than fewer thick layers as it will cure perfectly and last longer.

My only issue with Shellac is that I find some colours can get gloopy quite quickly but thorough shaking can help this. I recently purchased a cheap little shaker machine from amazon which is a great help

Also don’t be tempted to purchase Shellac from
eBay as they are more than likely fake. I made this mistake myself but luckily only purchased 1 bottle to test the waters. It looked just like the real deal but then soon realised it wasn’t as it peeled off within a few days. Sweetsquared are a trusted supplier as well as Ellisons.

Hope that helps

This photos is a before and after of one of my ladies. The before pic is after 4 weeks of Shellac.
C3347D2B-D7CD-4912-8CD3-C33995053AD5.jpeg

ASP is made by Cuccio. I have a few bottles of ASP and don't find them as nice to use as Cuccio Veneer and unless you thoroughly stir them before each use, I have found they can give patchy coverage and have had occasional shrinkage. That said, the few I have got are very popular colours so they do get used but my heart does sink a bit when a client chooses an ASP colour!

Thanks for the advice that’s a good idea about just buying one to try. Do you like the shellac?
I do like shellac but as Naomi has said it's not suitable for all clients so it's a good idea to have another system for those whose nails don't suit shellac (where financially viable - obviously the outlay on a new system is sizeable so most techs start with one system) x

Hi,

I use Shellac and find it a great product. Its certainly not bad for the nails either. CND pride themselves on Shellac causing zero nail damage. You’ll be amazed at how easily they soak off, which is another reason I love it so much.

However like most things it works really well with some clients but no so well on others. If a client has very thin brittle nails to begin with, then it’s likely to lift faster, but CND also have a Gel called Brisa Lite which is perfect to use as a base layer before your colour to prolong the wear of the Polish.

Shellac is designed as a 2 week Polish but most my ladies get 3 weeks wear and I have a few that can get 4 weeks. A big part of this is making sure it is applied properly and that the nail prep is thorough and a cleanse and dehydrator should be used prior to application. Another key factor is making sure you apply very thin layers. Some colours may require 3 or 4 layers but it’s better to put more thin layers than fewer thick layers as it will cure perfectly and last longer.

My only issue with Shellac is that I find some colours can get gloopy quite quickly but thorough shaking can help this. I recently purchased a cheap little shaker machine from amazon which is a great help

Also don’t be tempted to purchase Shellac from
eBay as they are more than likely fake. I made this mistake myself but luckily only purchased 1 bottle to test the waters. It looked just like the real deal but then soon realised it wasn’t as it peeled off within a few days. Sweetsquared are a trusted supplier as well as Ellisons.

Hope that helps

This photos is a before and after of one of my ladies. The before pic is after 4 weeks of Shellac.
View attachment 207149

Thanks so much for the advice the pictures look great! Mine don’t have that coverage at all. I find asp so thin as well that I don’t get a nice, clean line around the cuticle. Definitely won’t buy from eBay. Don’t want to waste money on what is probably a fake product.

ASP is made by Cuccio. I have a few bottles of ASP and don't find them as nice to use as Cuccio Veneer and unless you thoroughly stir them before each use, I have found they can give patchy coverage and have had occasional shrinkage. That said, the few I have got are very popular colours so they do get used but my heart does sink a bit when a client chooses an ASP colour!

Yes exactly that! I don’t look forward to doing gel nails at all at the moment I’m fine with normal polish though. Even when I’ve stirred them and prepped the nail carefully, the coverage is so patchy. Definitely time for a change I think.

Yes exactly that! I don’t look forward to doing gel nails at all at the moment I’m fine with normal polish though. Even when I’ve stirred them and prepped the nail carefully, the coverage is so patchy. Definitely time for a change I think.
Ah, that's a shame you're getting so disheartened. Have you tried Cuccio Veneer? As far as I'm aware it should be completely compatible with your ASP products so you could introduce it gradually. I think you'd definitely notice a difference. You have to order it from Cuccio though as it's not available from Salon Services like ASP is.

But if you're looking for a complete change, why not try INK London's iLac? I started introducing it alongside Cuccio Veneer about 6 months ago and I love it!

Latest posts

Back