Assessors Award?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailbear85

Reaction score
I've recently got my Level 2 hairdressing qualification and been doing some mobile work, I'm joining a training academy soon to do my Level 3. I'm an older student. I'm interested in doing my assessors award along side it, do you think that's possible? Has anyone done that before?

I think you need 5 years of industry experience before you can assess on the qualifications but it may have changed.

As far as I know, vtct recommend a minimum of 1 years experience.x

Yes u can but if you only have an nvq level 2 u can only assess to the level of an nvq level 2.. I would suggest getting some training experience and hair experience.. level 3 will help with this I would then consider doing your assesers award hope that helps

After being an assessor and IV for 6 years, you need experience. The job is 90% paperwork and 10% hair so be warned. Quality is not what it use to be with very high targets and there is a demand to just pass learners. I can only speak from what I have experienced but things aren't getting better the qualifications are too rushed. Good luck though :)

Latest posts

Back