SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bexcabiggins

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m currently in my hairdressing training and because of Covid it’s assignment based now instead of exam, my colouring and lightening the hair unit is due tonight and I think I’ve don’t a good job there’s just one thing I’m struggling with and thats factors to consider when using quasi colour. If anyone could help I’d really appreciate it!! Thankyo uxx

Hi there
I had a look over my L3 colouring assignment and under the question 'How factors influence colouring' are the following points. I won't tell you all I wrote but hopefully it will give you some pointers 😊
- % of white hair. Eg demi won't 100% cover white.
- Present colour of hair. Need pre-lightening or pre-pig?
- Hair condition. Poor conditon hair will develop faster because of uneven/poor porosity.
- Temperature. Hot temp = faster processing.
- Test results. Incompatibilityand patch tests.
- Skin tone. Choose enhancing colours.
- Client lifestyle. If have demi and wash every day it will fade very quickly. And regular swimming is a death sentence. 😂
- Cost and time available. Can only do as much as client can afford
- Client expectation. Is it possible to acheive with a demi?
- Hair density. More dense = more product and time
- Contraindications.

I found with questions like that it's not a short answer, and you have to talk about more than you'd think. Write the answer as if the question was asking for about colour in general, then go back and adjust it for demi colour.
All the best 😊

Last edited:
Thank you very much!!!

Latest posts

Back