Astonishing Nails - anyone tried ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almae

Reaction score
Hi

I just wanted to know if anyonehas tried Astonishing Nails Products ?:lol:

I am thinkinh of doing the conversion Course but I wanted to get feedback if possible ? :)

Hi

I just wanted to know if anyonehas tried Astonishing Nails Products ?:lol:

I am thinkinh of doing the conversion Course but I wanted to get feedback if possible ? :)

Never heard of them ... what is their USP? Why not convert to a product that is known and respected and wanted by the public? What made you choose this product?

Looks like you're quite new to the industry and already you've done a few conversions ... any particular reason WHY?

hi

i have only used ezflow(gel) to date , I was supposed to be doing conversion to NSI (gel) but ended up being treated for swine flu so could not attend.

here is what i have read on Astonishing Nails to date. I know its big in eastern european countries.

ASTONISHING NAILS HAVE SPENT 25 YEARS RESEARCHING AND OVER A MILLION EUROS IN DEVELOPING THE PERFECT NAIL PRODUCTS.

THIS IS THE NAIL RANGE THAT ALL SALONS, COLLEGES AND EDUCATORS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. WITH ITS REVOLUTIONARY "NO STING" GEL, 30 COLOURED GELS, 10 COLOURED GLITTER GELS, 30 COLOURED ACYRLICS AND WITH A FURTHER 90 COLOURED ACYRLICS TO BEEN LAUNCHED WITHIN THE COMING MONTHS.

Well I don't believe the first sentence .. if they've been around for 25 years they are remarkably unknown.

thanks for comments on the product

thanks for comments on the product

I'm not commenting on the product .. I don't know the product .. which I think tells it's own story :lol: ........................

thanks anyway :) lol

basically i dont like ezflow its to runny for me :) lol

so I was looking for something thicker .

I just need advice.

I did find it odd that I found it hard to get any info on it online , only thru an advertisement.:rolleyes:

I supposed i need to be more patient with ezflow and keep going with it.:)

I've tried astonishing nails products and think they are very good. they've got thin and thick gels, and great acrylics. no problem with mix ratio, easy application and filling. good adeshion. i can't say any bad thing about it so far.

sometimes the big name/brand isn't any better than other unknown brands. i'm not saying about "no name" brand made in china. don't get me wrong. but i think that some brands created their products many years ago, and did't do anything better since then with their products. thay've got big name and big advertisment, but is that all?that's my opinion
regards

I supposed i need to be more patient with ezflow and keep going with it.:)

Astonishing is also quick system ,so please keep going ;)

I only can recommend You Astonishing Nails products with all my experience which I have witch my 5 y.o practise as nail technician and nail instructor in Poland.

geeg said:
if they've been around for 25 years they are remarkably unknown.

I can explain it to You,because problably You are in the opposite ;) - Astonishing is a fresh brand,but the company which made it ,have a 25 years of experience,because they were/are distributours of Ez Flow,IBD.Is that good enough explanation?

Last edited:
Astonishing Nails is a product of the Beauty Factory in the Netherlands. This is the company that as CND distributors set up distribution in much of east europe and were actually a tremendous success.

The original owners sold out but bought back in later. They are now EZ Flow distributors and have several of their own product lines of which Astonishing Nails is the latest addition. To launch their new brand, they brough in David Fowler and Stephanie Le Roy both who are respected competition champions who previously worked for Magnetic.

We haven't tested their new products because of time, but having met the owners Peggy and Jan earlier this year - I can say that they have heaps of experience and are totally serious and professional people. They are both well respected in this industry. I happily say that even though with our new products we are competitors.

Personally, I think new companies coming onto the market is what keeps the industry fresh - so ask for some samples and do your own tests rather than believing the marketing hype from other companies.

Last edited:
Thanks for some positive info:)

I did actually ask the distrubutor in Ireland for a sample yesterday and I was told they dont do samples in the Gel :eek: , I was told I would have to do the conversion course but that i would have to commit to using the Astonishing Nail Products. I just cant commit like that I would have loved a sample first and then know whether to do the conversion etc :!:

The product may be good but you also have to look at the back up you get. The distributors in Ireland will be diff from the ones in UK. Nails and Beauty Ireland are a long established company and have some great educators working for them. If you ever have any probs they are always happy to help.

i was on with the irish distrubutors yesterday and one of their educator's is coming out to me tomorrow to show me the product :) so i will keep yee posted ;)

i was at BITE in Dublin yesterday, and saw a big crowd around the Astonishing stand. Didn't have a lot of time to explore the product on the day (dundrum shopping centre was calling me).

Thanks Almae for bringing this up, i will be following your outcome with astonishing with interest. Do you know how their prices compare with the other established companies.

If you are using Ezflow, have you not tried NSI as they are siupplied through the same distributers

i was meant to get to the B.i.t.e on Sunday alson but never got there was busy.

I am looking forward to trying out astonishing nails.

I did have a play around with nsi , I liked the products , and will make a decision after i look at astonishing nails

hi there, ive been using bio sculpture since 2008 and im converting to astonishing now. i have a few issues with the bio sculpture brand.. 1.) the price, 2.) bio sculpture and artificial tips dont seem to go together well, 3.) discolouration of the overlay after one week. i had a set of astonishing nails done on myself recently as a little project to try them out first. i have to say that i am very impressed. they are extremely durable. i have deliberatly not been careful with them just to c how much wear and tear they are able for and they still are not lifting or losing their shine. i cant wait to complete the course.:p

I am sure you won't be dissapointed with the course and with gels. There are the best products I've ever tried:D

Last edited:
hi there, ive been using bio sculpture since 2008 and im converting to astonishing now. i have a few issues with the bio sculpture brand.. 1.) the price, 2.) bio sculpture and artificial tips dont seem to go together well, 3.) discolouration of the overlay after one week. i had a set of astonishing nails done on myself recently as a little project to try them out first. i have to say that i am very impressed. they are extremely durable. i have deliberatly not been careful with them just to c how much wear and tear they are able for and they still are not lifting or losing their shine. i cant wait to complete the course.:p
Personally, I'd want to road-test a new product for at least 6 months to see what the longevity is like before totally changing brand.

There are a lot of Bio techs using this site and they're very successful with using their products.
Are you sure it's not something you're doing that's causing you problems?

hi. ive been watchin the progess of astonishing in ireland for about a year now and its just growing and growing in popularity. im not the only salon switchin, four salons i have contacted in a neighbouring town have also changed from biosculpture. the real problem i have with bio is the artificial tips. my overlays rarely lift and if they do its usually from people treating them as tools. the reason for the discolouration is because bio gels are far more porous than l&p and other brands of gel. the cost of bio sculpture in ireland is far more expensive than any other brand and i cant justify the cost of it to clients if their nails arent as durable as my compeditors. i have to say i find the bio techs on this website extremely helpful with the troubleshooting that techs seem to have. ive contacted the company several times on different issues and they have not come back with any reasonable solutions.

Latest posts

Back