At home beauty salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thearobertsxo

Reaction score
I have been a mobile therapist for nearly a year now, and it has done me good building up my client base, but it’s so difficult and time consuming to drive to 6 different peoples houses a day and carry all my equipment in a tiny car! I was wondering if it would be easier for me to be home base? About half of my clients drive and the other half dont, I was thinking if I tried to get more local clients would it be better to be based at home as I wouldn’t have to drive around till late every single day? I was thinking maybe be mobile 1 day a week and home based the rest, but that sort of defeats the purpose?
What are some of the positives for being home based? For me and for the client?
Thank you

I am home based and I love it, however occasionally I do home visits and always feel I forget something because I have every mortal thing I need at home. The client may decide to have another treatment , then it's oops sorry I don't have the things I need for that extra treatment with me now. Obviously you must be far better than me with your organisation LOL

Clients become unable to get to you for a whole host of reasons , especially as some of mine are getting really quite old now bless them ! So rather than lose the appointment I do a home visit.
Physiotherapists offer Domicillary appointments ( mine does ) say one day a week so that definately could work if you travel time is not too bad between each client.

Positives for me:- fit loads more clients in if necessary. You then could reduce your hours as you wouldnt have the drive home
Cleaning and sterilising your tools is easier at home.
Don't have to worry about damage to their carpets, furniture, etc.
Always have everything I need at home.
No lugging all and sundry in and out of the car, setting up times are gone.
No stinking of cigarettes or choking on dog hairs when you leave their house. ( can't stand either !) I love dogs but am allergic to some dog breeds.
No worry about you being late for a client because of something that is affecting the roads.

whilst there are of course negatives too I prefer clients to come to me , so I am hoping this helps you to decide.
All the best !

I am home based and I love it, however occasionally I do home visits and always feel I forget something because I have every mortal thing I need at home. The client may decide to have another treatment , then it's oops sorry I don't have the things I need for that extra treatment with me now. Obviously you must be far better than me with your organisation LOL

Clients become unable to get to you for a whole host of reasons , especially as some of mine are getting really quite old now bless them ! So rather than lose the appointment I do a home visit.
Physiotherapists offer Domicillary appointments ( mine does ) say one day a week so that definately could work if you travel time is not too bad between each client.

Positives for me:- fit loads more clients in if necessary. You then could reduce your hours as you wouldnt have the drive home
Cleaning and sterilising your tools is easier at home.
Don't have to worry about damage to their carpets, furniture, etc.
Always have everything I need at home.
No lugging all and sundry in and out of the car, setting up times are gone.
No stinking of cigarettes or choking on dog hairs when you leave their house. ( can't stand either !) I love dogs but am allergic to some dog breeds.
No worry about you being late for a client because of something that is affecting the roads.

whilst there are of course negatives too I prefer clients to come to me , so I am hoping this helps you to decide.
All the best !
Thanks so much for your reply, I think I might go ahead with it ! X

Latest posts

Back