At home beauty salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thearobertsxo

Reaction score
I’ve been mobile for over a year now in beauty, and was thinking of changing to do doing a home salon to make things easier for myself?
Does anyone do home based beauty and would recommend it?
Not sure how I feel about people coming in and out of my parents house as I’m only 19 and still living at home, they said they don’t mind but would the client mind at all?
Thanks

All you can do is ask your clients the question about if they mind coming to your mum and dads house. As I replied to your debate about whether or not to become home based you did not say you were still at your parents. It will be easier for you , but your parents are very involved so they need to be consulted about the impact it will have on them and their privacy.
That brings a whole new perspective on the matter. My parents did not mind my clients coming to their house whilst I was training when I was also 19. I realise how lucky i was to have such good parents. My father was self employed so he was great about it actually.
So a little conversation with clients/ parents will be the best way forwards.
As I said before in a previous thread you could still do some mobile as well.
Once trained and After several years in a salon, I then became home based when had my 2 sons........... fitted in well , but I had a dedicated room for the salon, a very supportive hubbie and lovely clients. Plenty of off road parking and that is the key.
My family have been brilliant in making sure they remained discreet whilst I was working, kitchen smells are inevitable and obviously there are waiting issues if the client arrives early or I am running late.
All things can be resolved I am sure.
" go for it kid " as my dad said to me 37 years ago LOL
Good luck x

Yeah it my mums idea and my dads also so I’m sure they don’t mind at all, as soon as you walk in my house the stairs are right in front of you then straight oppstire the stairs would be my beauty room, so it’s not like you’d have to walk through the whole house I can shut off the doors to the living room and keep the dogs in there also, I will ask around and see what the clients think, thanks again x

If you have let's ok need to make sure u warn Kent's before they come as some may have allergy/ fears

Yeah of course

I work from home and my clients prefer it. Several have expressed how calm and relaxing they find it in comparison to a busy salon. Some said they feel anxious going to a modern salon and don’t have that reaction coming to my home.
However.....there are cons. This is my home and I have a family. Not all clients are respectful of this so ensure you set boundaries straight away.
It’s not ok for your regulars just to come straight in and sit in your living room while they wait, or bring their children, mates etc.
I do find it stressful working from home with 3 teens but I’m sure your parents would be better behaved lol however it is their home and when you have strangers in and out all day it doesn’t always feel that way.

I work from home and my clients prefer it. Several have expressed how calm and relaxing they find it in comparison to a busy salon. Some said they feel anxious going to a modern salon and don’t have that reaction coming to my home.
However.....there are cons. This is my home and I have a family. Not all clients are respectful of this so ensure you set boundaries straight away.
It’s not ok for your regulars just to come straight in and sit in your living room while they wait, or bring their children, mates etc.
I do find it stressful working from home with 3 teens but I’m sure your parents would be better behaved lol however it is their home and when you have strangers in and out all day it doesn’t always feel that way.

Totally agree. I had someone the other day actually just try to walk into my home and open the door. Thankfully I had the door locked but me and my husband were looking at each other like W.T.F. So now I lock the door behind clients that come in, hey probably think I’m going to murder them but I can’t risk someone else just coming in..plus burglars lol.

Bear in mind your family will still be doing as they please, whether that means play music, cook smelly food, argue with each other, talk loudly, be irritating, start talking to clients, embarrass you, be annoyed when you are doing something, interrupt you when you are working...

I’ve had it from someone I rented a room off and she was a nightmare. I never knew when she was going to do a massive stinky poo next door to my room and then walk out with matches and air fresheners talking about poo. Or banging on the door to tell me someone was here while I was massaging. Or yelling at me in front of both our customers. I didn’t stay there long but with parents hard to escape haha.

My rule is: Expect anything that can happen, will happen. When it doesn’t, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Hi I have recently started a home beauty spa ,I’m struggling to get customers . Any advice will be welcome .

Hi I have recently started a home beauty spa ,I’m struggling to get customers . Any advice will be welcome .
Hi I’ve had a home salon for a year now I’ve had quite a few clientele over the last year but Christmas wasn’t brilliant- I have to work as well, but don’t get disheartened- all you can do is do flyers - noticesin shop windows- etc. Social media - it does take time to build - and couldn’t depend as a sole income - I just read somewhere that it’s good to invest in one good treatment which you are good at - then slowly introduce other treatments!! It does take willpower! Don’t give up - keep going x

Hi could I ask how long you have been working from home please?

It’s been just over 3 years now
Ok thank you - I’m in a home salon and it’s not my only source of income are there any tips you could give me please to get more clients? Mine - 1 year - Thank you

Ok thank you - I’m in a home salon and it’s not my only source of income are there any tips you could give me please to get more clients? Mine - 1 year - Thank you

All of my business was generated through social media and personal recommendation. The vast majority of my clients are loyal and many are regular 3 weekly appointments.
My clients like that my salon is in my home and very quiet and relaxing.
Do you offer a different experience to other local salons? If not how can you make your salon stand out above others x

Thanks for the advice x

Latest posts

Back