SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lashedbyamber

Reaction score
I'm looking to start up my own at home & mobile lash business in August or September but I have a few things I need to work out first.

My main problem is space: I live in a small-ish flat that doesn't have an extra room for me to set up my lash equipment in. I am aware that some lash techs set up their stuff in a corner of a room such as their living room, but the only available space I have is in the middle of my bedroom - does anyone think this would bother anyone? I am obviously going to keep the space as clean and professional looking as possible and I am in the middle of decorating the room completely to make my workspace as lovely as possible. I would be setting up my lash bed, lash cart, chair, etc at the beginning of each day before clients so everything is ready.

If anyone could give their opinion on whether this set up would bother them as a client I would be so so grateful!

hi, i own a lash business at home as well, i'm using our daugther small room, she's not born yet, still in my belly right now :) . none of my client complaint about it, i will still use the space when my daughter born and all my client's are aware as i told them.
dont make space hold u up, go ahead and if something come up later, pretty sure u can cope with it :D

I work from home, thankfully our dining room is large enough for a bed and all my equipment. It has never been an issue with clients and a lot prefer coming to a home as it feels more personal than going to a salon. Go for it!

I do it in my kitchen - so does the lady that does mine! There's not loads of space, I do it a few nights a week plus Sundays and store everything in the cupboard under the stairs. Get it out before clients are due to come in, make sure the kitchen is tidy and just light a scented candle and have music playing. It's not stopped anyone coming before, and not stopped me going to my lady. People often like to come for an at home service because it's convenient for them - usually it's girls working around their own working hours so more suitable times, and usually a much closer location than a salon.

I did mobile for a couple of weeks when I was house sitting for my brother. I wouldn't to it again unless a regular was unable to get out of the house. You never know what the set up will be like, I like to sit under my kitchen light then have an extra lamp at the side, but there you're depending on where they have space for you. I also find it makes them too comfortable, they sometimes feel they can potter about finishing stuff on when their appointment is due to start. Plus I hated lugging the bed around!!

People will come to you because they like your lashes, they spend the whole time with their eyes closed anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back