At home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowRose

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve read the threads about treatment rooms at home but I’m not sure of the legal requirements. Am I able to use a spare bedroom as a treatment room? I read somewhere that there had to be a permanent wall between the business and the entry to the living quarters?! Also, I’ve done the advertising on Instagram and Facebook previously with no success. Im currently in temporary full time work which ends at the end of February. With this in mind I would like to concentrate on my business. Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated.
YellowRose

You need to contact your local council, they all have individual requirements. Some are not bothered, others require NVQs, certain types of flooring for piercing, etc. Never heard of walls being needed.

If you were to create as permanant business space such as garage conversion, garden room/shed, it may be liable for business rates. I use my spare bedroom, but have made no permanent changes (simply changed furniture) therefore no business rates are charged. Again, this can be council specific.

You need to advise your mortgage company, again some are not bothered others will not allow businesses to be run from properties mortgaged to them.

You need to advise your home/building insurance company, they may make additional conditions/fees.

If you rent you need permission from your landlord

You need to contact your local council, they all have individual requirements. Some are not bothered, others require NVQs, certain types of flooring for piercing, etc. Never heard of walls being needed.

If you were to create as permanant business space such as garage conversion, garden room/shed, it may be liable for business rates. I use my spare bedroom, but have made no permanent changes (simply changed furniture) therefore no business rates are charged. Again, this can be council specific.

You need to advise your mortgage company, again some are not bothered others will not allow businesses to be run from properties mortgaged to them.

You need to advise your home/building insurance company, they may make additional conditions/fees.

If you rent you need permission from your landlord
Thank you so much, vital info. Much appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back