Atfer 1 Week My Nails Look Terrible!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icandi

Reaction score
HI Girls and Guys,

im going to tell you everything i do here, and i want you all to tell me what i could be doing wrong here. when ive finished a set of nails, they look ok for the first few days, then by a week later, they look terrible, i dont know what im doing wrong here. My nails look grumby and dirty with no shine to them whatsover.. my prep is done perfectly. my freind told me my brush could be clogged up, and a should seperate my pots of powder into seperate pots, because i just dip my brush in the CND acrylic pots. should i wash my glass pots out to after use? around my cutilcle area is crusty, i cant seem to get that smooth oval finish. :cry::irked:

please tell me your what u think guys? :hug:

Fill your profile a bit more........ Include training etc.
You might find that'll get you some replies.

im just new to the site, maybe i havnt filled everyhing in. i will have a look now.

but i only use Creative, and i did my course with them 7 months agao, and im not getting any better. x

Do you remember what was your educator called? Have you spoken with them about the problems that you are having?

Hi and welcome to the site.

Perhaps a 1-2-1 would be good for you, it would give your educator a chance to see you working and they will be able to advise you how you can improve your application technique.

Which course did you do ???

its was the four day Acrylic course, but it was a teacher from London, she was good, but ive just forgotten a few things.

yes maybe your right, i need to do a one to one. ive emailed the Education depatment and they advised me to do the skill builing course, but i think i need somone to tell me what im doing wrong. x

thanks again:hug:

its was the four day Acrylic course, but it was a teacher from London, she was good, but ive just forgotten a few things.

yes maybe your right, i need to do a one to one. ive emailed the Education depatment and they advised me to do the skill builing course, but i think i need somone to tell me what im doing wrong. x

thanks again:hug:
Whether you do a skill building course or a 1-2-1 you will most definitely be told where you're going wrong.
An hour's 1-2-1 might be all you need for the time being to get you back on track again :D

HI Girls and Guys,

im going to tell you everything i do here, and i want you all to tell me what i could be doing wrong here. when ive finished a set of nails, they look ok for the first few days, then by a week later, they look terrible, i dont know what im doing wrong here. My nails look grumby and dirty with no shine to them whatsover.. my prep is done perfectly. my freind told me my brush could be clogged up, and a should seperate my pots of powder into seperate pots, because i just dip my brush in the CND acrylic pots. should i wash my glass pots out to after use? around my cutilcle area is crusty, i cant seem to get that smooth oval finish. :cry::irked:

please tell me your what u think guys? :hug:

I agree with the rest that there is no substitute for sitting down with an Educator and she will SEE EXACTLY where you are going wrong and help you to sort it out.

From the problems you have told us though, I suspect that you are not getting a smooth surface on your enhancements...Hence any dirt, fake tan etc will end up in the rough areas of the surface causing it to look grubby.
YES, we want you sculpt with your brush, and get a smooth surface ...BUT if you don't manage that then you do have to sculpt with that file!!! So if you still see any surface imperfections once you have buffed the enhancement...then get that 240 Koala buffer back out and smooth them away. Then buff up again with your girlfriend.
Ideally your brush techniques should leave the surface smooth though to cut down on boring filing!!...but it does come with a lot of practice.

Is there a clog of product on your brush?...if so that will create grooves as you apply product and you won' get a smooth surface at all. But you would notice a great big lump in your brush wouldn't you? and soak it in monomer until it softened and could be removed (gently). So I can't see that being the issue here.

As for zone 3...you really should have a look over Geeg's tutorial on here..zone 3 making it disappear, as she covers everything in that.
I will find it and link it.http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/9200-product-control-part-4-zone-3-making-disappear.html

Latest posts

Back