Athlete's Foot, is Lamisil or Lotrimin the best treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athlete's Foot | Lamisil or Lotrimin best treatment?

• Lamisil

• Lotrimin

• Other (please provide other treatment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ADG

Reaction score
Here I thought is was dry feet and treating with foot lotion and oil...NOPE!
I have athlete's foot, so I need to know which is a better treatment Lamisil or Lotrimin in your experience -or- maybe something else (over-the-counter at this point)?
Thank you very much for your time and help.

Anyone, please? :)

You need to treat it for at least 6 months. The fungi actually live quite deep within the epidermis and it can take that long to penetrate. Lamisil once rarely works because by the time infections are detected they are too deep. I have had some success with using dilute hibiscrub two to three times a week in a foot bath. Its actions can work for up to 29 hours after being applied. Then apply an athlete's foot powder to keep it all dry. This is an oversimplified answer if it doesn't go after a few months you have to ask yourself are there any other underlying medical conditions which could be making it worse and should really see a Podiatrist or GP for an assessment and prescription. They may even recommend oral antifungals as a last resort. But that's a heavy route to take.
Hope that helps x

You may also need to treat your shoes as well BTW. If you wear the same shoes every day it may be lurking in there and you may just get re-infected. Fungal spores unfortunately are everywhere. They just need the right environment like dark, warm, damp. That's your shoe! If you can alternate shoes and spray them with something like hydrex in between, that be a good idea. x

You need to treat it for at least 6 months. The fungi actually live quite deep within the epidermis and it can take that long to penetrate. Lamisil once rarely works because by the time infections are detected they are too deep. I have had some success with using dilute hibiscrub two to three times a week in a foot bath. Its actions can work for up to 29 hours after being applied. Then apply an athlete's foot powder to keep it all dry. This is an oversimplified answer if it doesn't go after a few months you have to ask yourself are there any other underlying medical conditions which could be making it worse and should really see a Podiatrist or GP for an assessment and prescription. They may even recommend oral antifungals as a last resort. But that's a heavy route to take.
Hope that helps x

Great feedback!
Thank you so much!
I will do those and definitely be prepared to treat for a few months.
If it doesn't clear up within a reasonable amount of time, I will see a dermatologist/medical professional.

Latest posts

Back