Attaching Rhinestones to 9 year old

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karin

Reaction score
I have a client tomorrow that wants a mini manicure for her 9 year old daughter. I usually set my rhinestones in a top coat of Creative finishing gloss, however, i am not keen to use gel on someone so young.

I have attached the rhinestones by setting in a top coat but find they only last a day or so. Any suggestions on what I can use to make them stay on longer? Also do you agree 9 year old is too young to set in finishing gloss?

Karin said:
I have a client tomorrow that wants a mini manicure for her 9 year old daughter. I usually set my rhinestones in a top coat of Creative finishing gloss, however, i am not keen to use gel on someone so young.

I have attached the rhinestones by setting in a top coat but find they only last a day or so. Any suggestions on what I can use to make them stay on longer? Also do you agree 9 year old is too young to set in finishing gloss?
I would use a wooden stick to apply a bit of resin to put the rhinestone on then top coats.

I don't have any resin, I only use Creative L&P & Gel. Guess I could use glue but may be a bit tricky. Setting them in finishing gloss is easy as you can play around with them until you cure it.

You could try using a slightly thicker top coat, if you have one - I can only get Rhinestones to stay succesfully in something like Seche Vite, and then I put another thinner layer over the top. Takes the sparkle out just a wee bit but is still pretty effective.

I apply top coat, then stick the rhinestones in that then another layer of topcoat over that. I find they stay on really well. :)

HTH xxx

Gelbond works great to adhere it to nail plate - scrub fresh first to make sure it's all clean.

Super shiney, or any other top coat works fine to seal.

i use top coat to stick my rhinstones . i dip a orange stick in super shiney pick up the stones then go over a couple of times with top coat i never stick them on with any thing else and they last ages.

I have a few clients who I apply rhinestones to that are very rough on their hands. The rhinestones would always come off, no matter how much topcoat I put over them! So I started putting resin over the rhinestone as well as using it to attach it. Then I let the resin dry and put two coats of top coat! I have to pry them off when they come back in two weeks!!:)

I use a dot of glue followed by two layers of topcoat on mine and they stay stuck...

tamimac said:
I use a dot of glue followed by two layers of topcoat on mine and they stay stuck...

i do the same

I usually just use top coat but I sometimes use a spot of gelbond if the client is heavy handed, with Super Shiney over the top.

Karin said:
I don't have any resin, I only use Creative L&P & Gel. Guess I could use glue but may be a bit tricky. Setting them in finishing gloss is easy as you can play around with them until you cure it.

do you use gelbond? i find it's quite good for stones, cos as you say you can play around a bit with the positioning, before it dries

Latest posts

Back