Attention lovely Aussie Geeks - Warmbats or Uggs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martigirl

Reaction score
I really fancy a pair of these boots and wasn't aware of Warmbats but they sound fabulous, and you appear get a great deal for your money.

One of the statements they have made is that Warmbat are more popular in Australia than Ugg.

Can anyone help me here:hug:

Um, I've never heard of a warmbat, though I do live in the tropics.

I love uggs in winter.

they are selling slightly cheaper than that on Ideal World about £134 including the p & p

They predate Ugg manufacture and really give a load of thought to the construction I really liked the memory foam insole and extra little touches that they add as standard.

They are now based in Ohio although the founder and CEO is an Australian

First time i heard of a Warmbat was today (in here).
Ugg should never have sold out (disgusting when a National Brand sells out overseas)
Obviously Warmbats are a copy, so take your pic ......

Think of them as a nail product ... shall I get the original, or shall I buy the copy .... what a conundrum :)

Now I am in a real pickle (not hard I know)

Warmbats are claiming to have been founded in 1969 and started off selling their boots to surfers from the back of a van:eek:

Ugg's history is that young surfer took a trip to the US with a bag full of sheepskin boots to sell to the surfers in California.

So if both companies are telling the truth about their origins then Warmbat were the original company.

Apparantly as early as 1933 though when the 1st sheepskin boots were produced and were deemed UGLY they were nicknamed Ugg's

Obviously Warmbats claim that Australians prefer Uggs is more than a little suspect if my Aussie geek friends haven't heard of them.

Goodness I am a marketer's dream I honestly expect if someone states on national TV that they must be able to back it up.

Last edited:
from the jist of what i have read the ugg boots that are well known (UGGS) are not madein Oz they are made in China....it is these ones that the stars are wearing the brand name is 'UGG Austrailia'. ugg boots is the name of the type of boot also so it is easy to get confused as there are so many manufacturers out there. Alot of relailers are claiming to sell original ugg boots because they have been made in oz....which may of may not be what some people want as most probably want the latest fashionable item and therefore want the branded ones.

hope this makes sense. sorry if not
try this link...might explain it better.
Ugg Boots Australia made Uggs - Australian Ugg Boots

If you want tot a pair of Warmbats, click on the link Karen has given, they were selling them last night on Ideal World (yes I occasionally look at shopping channels) for £125 for the short Gecko grip ones, they are $160 AUD work out how much that would be in GBP, think its much less than £125 and contact them to see if they will ship to the UK.
I got my Uggs from OZ and paid £50, they are a short pair in chesnut, £10 P&P, in the local designer shop, my exact Uggs are £130!!!!

xxx

I've just got a pair of Warmbat Gecko Grips and they're fab! I have a friend in the US and she ordered them online from a US site and shipped them to me - that saved me around £100...... Rip off Britain strikes again!

I've never had UGGs so can't compare but I love my Warmbats!

One of my clients has just had a dreadful shock she had a pair of uggs sent by a friend from australia because they are a bit cheaper and was charged something like £115 to get them released to her as customs had got hold of them.You are only allowed to import so much in money as a gift looks like they have their eye on uggs.

I am as aussie as you can get before being a aboriginal (the only true aussie IMO) I embrace everything australian with a passion..to the extent where i only rent aussie video's (cos i love our film industry).
I like Nailzoo, have only just heard of the warmbat today, in this thread!
I love my uggies, cant beat them for camping..and i so miss the trend of miniskirt with uggies look...seriously.
Cant comment on warmbats..if they are a copy then they can stick them up thier ass.:lol:
I paid aus $70 for mine

As the other aussies have said today is the first time I've ever heard of warmbats, sounds like abit of a marketing thing.

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all your input:hug:

It will be Uggs for me then, my aunt is going over in May so she will get me them I think.

I've just got a pair of Warmbat Gecko Grips and they're fab! I have a friend in the US and she ordered them online from a US site and shipped them to me - that saved me around £100...... Rip off Britain strikes again!

I've never had UGGs so can't compare but I love my Warmbats!

I know what u mean, my fiance's dad stays in houston now due to work, and unless we get while on holiday there we get him to buy for us and send it over. It's soooo cheap to live over there its unreal.

Uggs Australia the patented named ones with the ugg label at the back are made in china though.My daughters ones are anyway and they are definately genuine from Harrods.

I am as aussie as you can get before being a aboriginal (the only true aussie IMO) I embrace everything australian with a passion..to the extent where i only rent aussie video's (cos i love our film industry).
I love my uggies, cant beat them for camping..and i so miss the trend of miniskirt with uggies look...seriously.
Cant comment on warmbats..if they are a copy then they can stick them up thier ass.:lol:
I paid aus $70 for mine

I love uggs with a mini skirt, who cares if the fashions over. I will be revisiting that look this winter, with stiletto nails of course. If I can't wear them on my feet (stilettos), I'll wear them on my nails.

I paid aus $70 for mine

First time i heard of a Warmbat was today (in here).
Ugg should never have sold out (disgusting when a National Brand sells out overseas)
Obviously Warmbats are a copy, so take your pic ......

Think of them as a nail product ... shall I get the original, or shall I buy the copy .... what a conundrum :)

As the other aussies have said today is the first time I've ever heard of warmbats, sounds like abit of a marketing thing.
:lol:Want to know how Aussie they are? They don't sell them in Australia!!! Haha. I just put heaps of cities through the store locator and couldn't find one shop in the country.

Definitely aint getting Warmbats then lol:eek:

I think I should phone them up the next time they are on the shopping channel and ask why no Australians have heard of them:hug:

Thanks geeks xxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back