Attracting clients - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloPrettyBeauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Sorry for long post...

My story is as follows:

Trained as a beauty therapist on leaving school in 1999, qualified NVQ level 2 but didn't complete level 3 as I changed career - complete change!!!

Have done said career for 15 years now I am trying to return to beauty so I can work from home more and be around for my daughter more who is nearly 5.

I've completed a course with Gelish, I'm doing a lash lift and billion dollar brow course in a couple weeks time followed by a spray tan course. I'm still training in lash extensions (which is taking me forever [emoji53])

I plan to offer all of these treatments plus waxing too.

I have created a Facebook page, have advertised a special offer for Gelish £15 instead of £20 throughout August. Have asked friends to like and share my page and have posted an ad on a local trading site. It was only this weekend that I've advertised as such but it's created no interest really!!

I didn't expect to be flooded with bookings or enquiries but maybe one booking would've been nice lol!!

How do I get this business off the ground and attract people? There's so much local competition, one girl offering Gelish for £10!!

Husband suggested doing a 'giveaway/raffle' on Facebook but not sure that's allowed or would even attract the right people other than those just wanting a freebie!

How long did it take you all to get some interest and start earning from your business?

I accept its a long process and takes time to build a client base, but if there's any more I can do then trust me I'm on it!!

Website to be created by friends hubby when they get back from their hols

Thanks guys and gals!

I was gonna recommend that thread too.

Super long. But well worth it. I try and have a read every few months to refresh myself and bring new ideas to the salon.

Have you ever done any networking in your local area? That has worked wonders for my businesses in the past.

I completely feel where you are coming from lovely! I've been qualified for 11years but came out of the industry a while back, I had my second baby 7 weeks ago so I'm in the process of setting up my own mobile beauty business, I've got until December to build up my client base enough so that I don't have to return work but can work for myself around my family life.

I've so far got 3 bookings for August, I know this isn't a lot but I'm hoping it will increase.

I've offered family and friends discounted treatments in return for them to spread the word about my business, I'm also then taking photos of their nails/eyebrows and posting them on my Fb page and Instagram account, this is sparking questions from others which is helping get my name around.
X

Sorry for delay, hadn't realised anyone had responded as I'd not received any notifications!!
Thanks for the links, will have a good read through them this weekend.

Pixie1S all fingers and toes crossed for you that it takes off! Let me know how u get on!

Still no bloody bookings for me unfortunately. I will not give up! I'm hoping once i have a website up and running that will help too.

I have found that visuals are my biggest selling tool. People love to see before and afters of brows and lashes. It sells itself then. And people love to see an attractive shot of nails.

What they don't like is being openly sold to.

Just today a lady contacted me for the Lash Lift treatment. It transpires her friend 'liked' a before and after picture on FaceBook so then she saw it and contacted me. The person who 'liked' the picture hasn't contacted me as yet, but you never know, she might do next time she see's a post of mine she likes. Or perhaps she's still thinking about the treatment.

So remember, when there are people out there 'liking' your posts, they are spreading awareness of your business. Which ultimately is phase one of your marketing - building awareness of your existence - who you are and what you do.

And just because people are not all rushing to book in right now, doesn't mean they won't in the future.

Focus on getting some visuals out there so people can see what great work you do. Keep showing what you do, to increase awareness, rather than openly sell.

And when you get to speak to people whether informal or formal networking, speak naturally about the positive features of the services you offer, without going into full on sales mode. It will give people the opportunity to ask questions and approach you if they would like to book in, rather than you having to do the hard sell.

Keep engaging with people, and they will start to buy from you.

All the best. X

Latest posts

Back