Attraction liquid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingbat

Reaction score
I used this the other day, when I poured it out it was purple then when I went and dipped my brush in it went almost green(the liquid) I have used it before and the samne thing happend. Is it ment to do this?
Help me out here I need help
xxx

I used this the other day, when I poured it out it was purple then when I went and dipped my brush in it went almost green(the liquid) I have used it before and the samne thing happend. Is it ment to do this?
xxx

sounds odd, could your brush be contaminated ?

I don't think so, i store it corectly and use brush cleaner.

When I wipe the brush yellow comes out of the brush
:eek:

your liquid should not have been purple or green, i used mine the other day and it was definately clear.

your liquid should not have been purple or green, i used mine the other day and it was definately clear.

It's purple, got it direct form NSI manchester

I.have.some.attraction.and.it.is.purple.xxx

(space.bar.broke.hense.all.the.dots.sorry)

it does sound like your brush is contaminated, you must use a different brush for different monomer dont use the same brush for creative then use it for nsi etc

i am so sorry , i wrote that reply wrong mines is purple not clear, but it shouldn`t go green. How you getting on with the attraction anyway (apart from the colour):rolleyes:

it does sound like your brush is contaminated, you must use a different brush for different monomer dont use the same brush for creative then use it for nsi etc

oh i didn't know that

good advice though and it does make sense

xxx

Hi how puzzling I use attraction and my monomer has never gone a different colour it usually just stays the same ,
has anyone used your brush for anything else ? sounds like a chemical reaction or something that is deep inside your brush still , mmmm this is a puzzling one
please tell us if you find out what it could be ?

Thinking back I once placed a brush in brush cleaner , (big mistake It stripped the paint from the handle and contaminated the brush hairs and every time I used it it had pink streaking coming from it ,
had to bin it
I didn't know that monomer was the best thing for cleaning brushes with.:hug:

When I wipe the brush yellow comes out of the brush
:eek:
I would say your brush is definatly contaminated.
There are lots of threads about brush contamination if you use the search facility, but it looks like its time for a new brush.

HTH

Yep, contaminated brush!

& are you getting all of your brush cleaner out of the brush? Maybe thats also contaminating your liquid.

You could do away with the brush cleaner really, it tends to dry out the brush & is'nt necessary.

You can soak your brush (but not submerging the ferrule) in monomer (but only the monomer brand you use the brush for, iykwim! ), this will soften any hard lumps you might've aquired, enough to gently push them out of the hair with a birchwood stick.

BTW my Attraction is purple & has never turned green.
:)

Yep, new brush time methinks. Monomer is the best brush cleaner out. :hug:

I use nsi attraction and it is purple, never changed colour on me either im affraid, sound like the brush is in need of some medical attention, or a coffin, sorry,

If my brush is contaminated 1: get rid or soak ,2: will it harm a client? that is the upmost inporant to me.
Thank you for all your replies.
Also didn't know that usung differnt monermers could have this affectas I clean my brush with cleaner each time.

Hi how puzzling I use attraction and my monomer has never gone a different colour it usually just stays the same ,
has anyone used your brush for anything else ? sounds like a chemical reaction or something that is deep inside your brush still , mmmm this is a puzzling one

Thinking back I once placed a brush in brush cleaner , (big mistake It stripped the paint from the handle and contaminated the brush hairs and every time I used it it had pink streaking coming from it ,
had to bin it

I am going to try a differnet brush,and also try soaking in attracion then see if it makes a difference. I will try things if all else fails I will buy a new brush. I will let you know how I get on!!!

had to bin it

Just thought I would let you know..............I bought some new brush cleaner and let it soak for a few mo's. The yellow isn't comming out any more so hey it might have worked. I bought a new brush anyway.

Latest posts

Back