Automatic booth compared to hand-held manual?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lapixstrel

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Which is better/more profitable? I know the automatic booths are so much more expensive or I could lease but in the long run, you're just taking the money and sending them in, rather than physically tanning them yourselves, freeing up yourself or staff to do something else. What are people's experiences/advice?

Thanks x

You can not compare a booth tan to an air brush tan the difference is immense and two very different clientele, what type of clientele do you wont to attract ? A booth tan is not great or precise so reflected in the price an air brush tan (manual) can achieve any tan you desire including body sculpting so you can charge more , do research your local area and clientele before you invest in any system. In my area booth tanning is for the clients on a tight budget or embarrassed about their bodies (a good tanner will make anyone feel at ease) so research your local area and see what is popular and what kind of prices are charged. xx

I have an auto booth in my salon. In terms of more profitable I would say hand held definitely as unless you can buy the booth outright, it's v. Expensive! I wish I Had bought mine outright instead of the 5 year lease but I was misled and had planned to pay the balance after a couple of years of leasing but I couldn't so my hair side literally carries the cost of the leasing!
In terms of the results, it gives a lovely colour, natural and even, clients all love it. It is popular with all age groups but 30-40+ prob makes up most of the clientele. V.popular around prom season onwards, quieting up now, only had about 3 or 4 this week but it will pick up again for Xmas party season. It brings in clients that don't use us for hair but just come for the tanning so was a good way of using up some space but...
If I could do it again, I would wait until I could have purchased it outright but I was impatient to have it as soon as I launched. My most expensive business mistake and prob what has prevented me taking a proper wage for myself!
Also I use norvel which was reccomended and is a lovely solution but again v. Expensive. I need to test out some other solutions to see if I can get a cheaper solution that gives as good results!
If you choose to get one, please try and avoid the lease purchase option!

Thanks for the info both! It's invaluable and think the manual makes more sense then in terms of outlay and the personal touch [emoji3]

I have an auto booth in my salon. In terms of more profitable I would say hand held definitely as unless you can buy the booth outright, it's v. Expensive! I wish I Had bought mine outright instead of the 5 year lease but I was misled and had planned to pay the balance after a couple of years of leasing but I couldn't so my hair side literally carries the cost of the leasing!
In terms of the results, it gives a lovely colour, natural and even, clients all love it. It is popular with all age groups but 30-40+ prob makes up most of the clientele. V.popular around prom season onwards, quieting up now, only had about 3 or 4 this week but it will pick up again for Xmas party season. It brings in clients that don't use us for hair but just come for the tanning so was a good way of using up some space but...
If I could do it again, I would wait until I could have purchased it outright but I was impatient to have it as soon as I launched. My most expensive business mistake and prob what has prevented me taking a proper wage for myself!
Also I use norvel which was reccomended and is a lovely solution but again v. Expensive. I need to test out some other solutions to see if I can get a cheaper solution that gives as good results!
If you choose to get one, please try and avoid the lease purchase option!
Sjolie is very affordable and can be used in a booth beautiful results.

Sjolie is very affordable and can be used in a booth beautiful results.
Hi not heard of that brand! Is it available from general wholesalers like capital, salon services etc?

Hi not heard of that brand! Is it available from general wholesalers like capital, salon services etc?
You by direct from there website I beleive. Sjolie.com

Latest posts

Back