Aveda hair care and colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
There have been a couple of threads questioning how good the range is.
I visited an Aveda salon for the first time yesterday, I just wanted to report that I think the range is incredible!!
My hair looks and feels amazing - I have never felt so good about my hair! I've had more comments about how lovely my hair looks in the past 24 hrs than I have in the past 24 months - Honestly!
The Shampoos etc are spenny (c.£15 each) but so worth every penny! This is coming from a very fussy cheap skate!!

And I wanted to mention for all you blondies out there who are sick of dull, dry looking locks (like my mum!), the Aveda colours (highlights) for blondes are really shimmery and healthy looking!! Half the women in the salon were different shades of blond (even a full head of platinum)......... they were all shimmering and shining like little stars!!

I am going back soon to have an all over colour (shimmery, shiney, dark golden brown) and I can't wait!! Mum is booked in for full head of highlights on Thursday next week.

Exciting!!!

So basically, I think that the Aveda haircare range is the best thing that has ever been used on my head!
I haven't tried their skincare etc, but I am tempted now!

:eek:Wow, I like saying Shimmery Shiney don't I!!:lol:

But it's true!!

shimmery shiney!

Hi Gelly
Good to hear you have had a nice experience!
Can I ask (really silly question probably) but I have a full head of highlight- would I still be okay to go to an aveda salon or do I have to have 'un-touched' hair?
Like I said, probably a really stupid question!! :smack:

There have been a couple of threads questioning how good the range is.
I visited an Aveda salon for the first time yesterday, I just wanted to report that I think the range is incredible!!
My hair looks and feels amazing - I have never felt so good about my hair! I've had more comments about how lovely my hair looks in the past 24 hrs than I have in the past 24 months - Honestly!
The Shampoos etc are spenny (c.£15 each) but so worth every penny! This is coming from a very fussy cheap skate!!

And I wanted to mention for all you blondies out there who are sick of dull, dry looking locks (like my mum!), the Aveda colours (highlights) for blondes are really shimmery and healthy looking!! Half the women in the salon were different shades of blond (even a full head of platinum)......... they were all shimmering and shining like little stars!!

I am going back soon to have an all over colour (shimmery, shiney, dark golden brown) and I can't wait!! Mum is booked in for full head of highlights on Thursday next week.

Exciting!!!

So basically, I think that the Aveda haircare range is the best thing that has ever been used on my head!
I haven't tried their skincare etc, but I am tempted now!

Hi Gelly

I have just started using Aveda shampoo & conditioner, I have gone from washing my hair every day to every other, & conditioning only once a week!

I use madder root conditioner & it really brings out my red tones!

The products I have used so far are brill!!

Hi Gelly
Can I ask (really silly question probably) but I have a full head of highlight- would I still be okay to go to an aveda salon or do I have to have 'un-touched' hair?

You can go to the aveda salon with virgin hair or chemically treated hair. Aveda Salons are like any other salon except they are $$$$$..Most of their products are really nice.
But be prepared to open your wallet. :)

Hi Gelly
Like JDs said, it doesn't matter if you have had colour treatment elsewhere before....
It really is expensive stuff, but worth every penny!!
It's an incredible feeling when you finally find a product that works for you, isn't it!!

Like JDs said, it doesn't matter if you have had colour treatment elsewhere before....
It really is expensive stuff, but worth every penny!!
It's an incredible feeling when you finally find a product that works for you, isn't it!!
It's like winning the Lottery..:D

If your hair doesn't look good...we don't look good!

Hi i love Aveda hair care range but not the skin care or make up.

Hi i love Aveda hair care range but not the skin care or make up.

I was thinking of trying their All-Sensitive skincare range (because I like the haircare).... What don't you like about it?

Hi Gelly

Can you please advise what the name of the salon was that you went to near Epsom?:)

Thanks
Mishmosh

:)
I was thinking of trying their All-Sensitive skincare range (because I like the haircare).... What don't you like about it?
Aveda are bring out a new make-up range should be out by end of sept,the skin care range is really good you just need to get the correct products for your skin:)

Regards

Pure enfield Aveda salon

www.pureenfield.co.uk

I haven't used Aveda in a long time. They were the first hot natural, aromatherapy line that came out that created quite a buzz.

My last opinions on it are.

The shampoo and conditioner, although fabulous smelling, eh. Rosemary mint conditioner huge seller.

Their styling products really nice. Loved the shine pomade.

Skincare, I tried their eyecream, it was okay.

Their makeup, absolutely fabulous. Alot of salons get it in just for this. I love the lipstick the best!

Their color line, although beautiful, is a different concept. I believe you have to add the pigments to create your own color.

It is a nice product, and sells itself. Some parts better than others.

Latest posts

Back