Aveda hair colour 'recipe'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brogues

Reaction score
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help. I have the 'recipe' for my hair colour that I have done at Aveda. I am going away for a few months and want to be able to touch up my roots myself whilst away. The recipe is "7N - equal parts of YO and BV + 20 vol". I know that I need equal parts of the yellow/orange and blue/violet to add to the 7N but I don't know how much 7N (which is the actual colour) - or how much 20 vol.

If anyone can help with this, I would very much appreciate it. I don't want to go grey whilst away!

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Hi there Brogues. This is something only your hairdresser will be able to assist you with. Otherwise you run a nice risk of messing up your hair.

Good luck!

Oh dear - I have the stuff now! I didn't really want to tell my hairdresser I was planning on doing it - because she will give me grief! But I do know that if I take that 'recipe' into any salon, they can work out what to do with it because I was working away from home and took it to another Aveda salon and they could do it based on what I told them.

My hairdresser was aware I was doing this because I can't always be in London but I haven't told her I am planning on doing it myself whilst away...!

Still hoping to get some advice... but thank you for responding anyway.:)

Brogues~
It is impossible for us to tell you what to do and how to mix it without seeing your hair not to mention that it would be very un-professional in doing so anyways. You can not mix one thing and have it apply to everyones hair.

Go to your stylist and confess. She may be understanding enough to help you out.
Best of luck to you

Jayne

OK thanks

Would you be able to advise on ratio of colour to developer?

OK thanks

Would you be able to advise on ratio of colour to developer?

No pro would be so irresponsible to do so ,take the advise given hun :wink2:

I totally agree with everyone else's advice.

This is a professional forum for professional hairdressers to exchange ideas and tips ,and views and to help professional hairdressers to support each other.

It is not a site where professionals give advice to anyone who wants to do their own hair using professional products.

Sorry to be so blunt, but take the advice given and go to a professional hairdresser.

No-one here will be willing to give out the ratio of colour to developer.

Sorry hun. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted .

:hug:

Latest posts

Back