Average cost of renting a beauty room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daphne28990

Reaction score
Hi,

I am fairly new to the beauty industry and have been working part time from my home beauty room for the past year. I am now looking at renting a small room in a hair salon to go full time. It's a well established salon and I get on well with the owner who has decided to start up beauty there from scratch with me working as self employed. I just wanted advise in what the average cost of renting a beauty room is as it's very small with no sink. (I'm in Bedfordshire) also is it normal to ask for a % of the profits as well as room rent? As I will be buying my own stock and working as self employed.

Thanks xx

Hi,

I am fairly new to the beauty industry and have been working part time from my home beauty room for the past year. I am now looking at renting a small room in a hair salon to go full time. It's a well established salon and I get on well with the owner who has decided to start up beauty there from scratch with me working as self employed. I just wanted advise in what the average cost of renting a beauty room is as it's very small with no sink. (I'm in Bedfordshire) also is it normal to ask for a % of the profits as well as room rent? As I will be buying my own stock and working as self employed.

Thanks xx
I charge £400/pm and don't take a percentage and it's a nice size room in a busy salon on a main road. Hope that helps and good luck

Hi, that helps a lot, thank you for your reply.

I charge £25 per day for a small treatment room, including all bills, cleaning, tea, coffee etc and we're right off the beaten track but I would do it considerably less for someone having it full time. I wouldn't expect a percentage as well, just rent.

Vic x

Hi, that helps a lot, thank you for your reply.
Mine includes everything too, consumables etc but the tenant does occasionally buy bits and bobs to contribute

Thanks, I did think that having rent and a percentage was a bit high x

I pay £100pw and share buying tea, coffee, sweets, cleaning products, loo roll etc. Also share the cleaning of bathroom and hall, stairs and corridor upstairs.
I wouldn't expect to pay a percentage as well as a weekly rent, it's either one or the other usually.

I have a salon and I charge £25 a day also

Latest posts

Back