average electric price for your house

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellytot1978

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i am just enquiring roughly how much peoples electric bill is for the month?

We were with atlantic gas and electric and all bills from them were very good not really over priced i thought, then a pushy salesman from british gas came to my door and talked my husband into changing to them:rolleyes:

We talked it through and changed our mind so tried to cancel and was told it was too late we would have to stay with british gas for 1 month.

We have just recieved our final elec bill from british gas and they want £105 for just over a month, i think this is excessive, just wondered what the average is for a 3 bed semi, with 2 adults and two small children?

many thanks for taking the time to read:lol:

We are with Southern Electric for both gas and electricity, atm we are paying £45 per month for elect and £40 for gas; we are in a det 3 bed house hth xx

we were with British Gas and they ripped us off.

went to n-power and they were as bad.

we switched to e-on and we saved over £500 a year!

I too changed last week from british gas, as a man from southern electric said we were on a high tarriff and have been paying to much: £61 pm elec, £41 pm gas. (3 bed det house) now he has saved us £20 pm. better that nothing!

I was with Scottish power paying combined £92 a month for both. They upped my payments from £72 to £92 and they are now sending me a rebate of £148 as I was in credit on my gas account.

Am now with southern electric and paying £40 gas and £30 electric.

HTH

Rachel

i am with edf, i have a 2 bed flat and i put less that £10 per week on my electricity key meter

we were with British Gas and they ripped us off.

went to n-power and they were as bad.

we switched to e-on and we saved over £500 a year!

very nice....might give them a call...i am not putting who i was with or am with as i might get told off....xx

Last edited:
Hello everyone, i am just enquiring roughly how much peoples electric bill is for the month?

We were with atlantic gas and electric and all bills from them were very good not really over priced i thought, then a pushy salesman from british gas came to my door and talked my husband into changing to them:rolleyes:

We talked it through and changed our mind so tried to cancel and was told it was too late we would have to stay with british gas for 1 month.

We have just recieved our final elec bill from british gas and they want £105 for just over a month, i think this is excessive, just wondered what the average is for a 3 bed semi, with 2 adults and two small children?

many thanks for taking the time to read:lol:

all i will say is ...those people you are withfor 1 month are horrid....NEVER EVER would i go back to them....not even if it was half price....they are rude....customer service did not give a hoot...try and reason with them ...they wont xx

Last edited:
Thats funny you say that.

I live in a two bedroom flat and my electricity alone is £52 a month!!!!? I am sooo angry i cant understand why it cost so much money. I have economy 7 which i thought supposed to be the cheapest form of electricity (NOT!!!) i work during the day and run a mobile business during evenings and weekends so really i am not using anything till 8pm???!!!:mad::evil: I do use heating for the evenings obviously but i turn it down at 8am. I never use heating in the second bedroom unless people come and stay. I am having arguments with the E-On, they believe there are about 3 people living the flat, i explained i live alone. Did they listen? Hell no!!!! I AM SOOOOO MAD!!!:evil::evil: What i hate about helplines is they put you on hold???? aaarrrrghhh!!!

PLEASE HELP!
XXX

we are, 2 adults one teenager and 2 kids in 5 bed semi, we have 2 bathrooms and use 3 pc's and all the other items, my combined gas and elecy is £95 approx a month, and during summer we are in credit, so £105 for 3 bed semi with 2 little uns sounds quite a lot hun

but we do have energy saving lightbulbs in all rooms and thermostats on all the rads, tbh some people dont think that thermo valves on the rad make much of a difference, but honestly they do

we just had our HIP report done for moving and they said it was very surprising how energy effeicent our house was, so little things do make a difference

hths xxxxx

Have you checked the reading is correct ?

British Gas wildly over estimated the final reading when we left them- they wanted £55 for 3 weeks gas !! Was actually £24

just wanted to thank everyone that took the time to reply to my post, been in contact with them the horrid people and they did say it had been over estimated and they would recalculate and send another final bill :lol:

But then informed us we would be recieving a final gas bill shortly (also for a month) and the amount for this is £147, couldn't believe my ears, this company make me sick, and if they were the only company left in the world that supply gas and electric i would rather do without, even if it was free. :smack: :mad:

My gas and electric are both with British Gas and is £40 Gas, £30 Electric. 3 bed det house. I think its dearer with British gas although by the time you switch and they say how much youll save with another company is it really worth it for the few pence you normally save? I could be wrong but these days prices have risen so much for everything. Petrol is my real gripe at the moment!

Latest posts

Back