Average sets nail tech can do per day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't find it a rush to do any of it tho, I mean I sit and have tea and cookies/ chat whilst doing nails(some may say very un professional but thats our atmosphere/ relationship with the clients , we have a laugh with them so I can't say I rush at all but I def try n keep to a time scale and dont book out longer than an hour. We dont have a junior/ receptionist or anything n phones going for appointment- which is the only akward thing about it. X

Cos I have no choice babe. Theyre our salon timings 1hr for acrylic/gel exts and 30 mins for gel overlay!!

Use creative acrylic and bio gel

X x

how on earth can you get a set of bio overlays done in half an hour? If you are doing 2 fingers at a time as recommended by the system and thumbs seperately, and using 2 lamps that's still 40 mins of curing time alone, not to mention soak offs and prep...

It varies.

I allow 2 hrs for a new set of tip & overlay
1 hr for infills
1.5 for backfills
1hr for Shellac or 1.5 for Shellac removal and reapply

45 mins for spray tan (still quite new so I take my time, and have to set tent up and down each time)

I like to allow 15 mins in between each one and defo an hour or so for lunch
I do a few evenings as well so on some days I might do 5 or 6 inthe daytime and 1 or 2 in the evening . . . but I would hate every day to be like that (although I would be much more wealthy lol)

I think this is a pretty good guide. I am glad I work for myself if some of the times on here are what is expected. Sounds horrendous. :Scared: I am not slow by any means but it is about the whole experience for my clients. The Gelish 18g LED lamp has certainly knocked time off for Gelish & Gelcolor though.

Hi,
Just wondered do you do file, prep plus shellac application in 45 min? If you were to do the cuticle work/full work within the shellac manicure how much time do you allow?

Thanks

Hi,
Just wondered do you do file, prep plus shellac application in 45 min? If you were to do the cuticle work/full work within the shellac manicure how much time do you allow?

Thanks

For this I would book out 30mins- for me, 45mins for junior staff x

how on earth can you get a set of bio overlays done in half an hour? If you are doing 2 fingers at a time as recommended by the system and thumbs seperately, and using 2 lamps that's still 40 mins of curing time alone, not to mention soak offs and prep...

I agree with this totally and I think 30 mins is pushing a set of L&P to to be honest I know people do but that's to quick in my eyes especially with the bio the math dosnt add up.xx

For this I would book out 30mins- for me, 45mins for junior staff x

:eek: Sorry but half an hour to do Shellac cannot be right, consultation, choice of colour, cuticle work, filing, nail prep application, curing, how can that be done in 30 minutes???

just wondering..

Those who do the set in 1 hour or fill in 30mins- does it includes paintings / designs or beautiful clean french?
How long these nails last unlifted ? ( how often your clients come to fill)?

Thanks =)

I complete Shellac in 30 mins, for a new client I allow an extra 15 mins for consultation. I display my colours on Colour Pops and let the client ponder the choices whilst carrying out cuticle work and shaping.
I take an hour to complete l&p.
I was taught by a very experienced and hugely talented Creative educator and then went on to work within her salon. This is how I was taught. I cut out and prep my tip wells whenever I get a new box of tips. To quote Samuel Sweet "fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
My clients help themselves to tea and coffee etc. Again I allow an extra 15 mins for new clients and their consultations.
My clients have been coming to me for 10-15 yrs and are obviously very happy with the service that I give. Some often comment on how long other salons take, 1.30-2hrs for l&p (if they go away and need an emergency app etc) and much prefer a shorter treatment time.
My clients are never treated like they are on a "conveyor belt" and I suppose I've mastered the art of conversing whilst working, I know in the early days I used to slow myself down by stopping my work to chat.

Ps, here is a picture of my work. I think I do a good job! Lol x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335120083.391990.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335120083.391990.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 255
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335120141.809647.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335120141.809647.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 240
And my clients come every 2-3 weeks for fills, I very rarely come across lifting. I use CND Retention and firmly believe in my products and their performance! x

My post wasn't aimed at you Fake it. I have no doubt your service isn't anything other than top class. I work inmy own home salon and I am not under the same pressures that some who work at busy salons are under. That isn't to say I am not busy, fortunatley I am.

If I have a new client who has clear natural nails I allow an hour for Shellac, for the initial consultation and then the treatment and then the after care and then clean up after they have left, so not too disimilar to what you do.

My regular clients usually have Shellac, Gelish or Gelcolor on their nails so I allow 20 minutes to remove and I use that time to make them a cup of tea, let them choose their next colour and fill out their card. It then takes me around half an hour to do a plale colour and a little longer for a dark colour or a French. My clients like to have a chat so they do tend to stay a bit longer.

To do either of the above with Gelish or Gelcolor the time is reduced because of the LED light so a new application on clear nails would take a shorter time as they would if they had it removed prior to a new application. If they want a full manicure, which a lot do, then that would add another 20 minutes.

As for L&P I allow anything from 70 minutes to 90 minutes depending on the clients and what you are doing, plus a lot of my clients who have extensions have Shellac, Gelish or OPI over the top.

It boils down to a number of things I guess, experience certainly counts but there are all sorts of variables. There is no way I would be doing 8 sets of extensions or 16 overlays in an 8 hour day and I am shocked some salons do this.

To conclude, if you are happy with what you do and so are your clients then you will be doing it right.

Omg! JackieD, I didn't think it was aimed at me, I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. I was just giving an insight into how I do it. I fully agree with you that it depends on experience etc. When I first started it took me 3 hrs for ages for a set of l&p. If I go on holiday for any longer than a week then it takes me longer to do a full set when I get back, I fall in and out of practice quite quickly! I'm a fickle old bird in that sense lol!
I'll have to work on my text wording or master the use of these wink faces etc to make sure that I can deliver my posts in the right context. It's hard isn't it.
I truly meant to just share the tips I've picked up along the way to help others, I then got worried that everyone would read and think "yeah, but what the bloody hell must her work be like?" Hence posting the pictures.
My salon is home based too, it's the best way I think.
xxx

Ps. I do think 30 mins for l&p is super speedy though. However, I do my filing manually and have never used an e-file, maybe this speeds the whole process up? I wouldn't know though xxx

5-6 clients depending on what they get etc xx

Ps. I do think 30 mins for l&p is super speedy though. However, I do my filing manually and have never used an e-file, maybe this speeds the whole process up? I wouldn't know though xxx

E- file speeds things up ;)
I won about 20 minutes when started to use e-file.
Manually...huh- as im looking for perfection, it takes ages :D

My set of gels or acrylics always be about 2-2,5 H that includes paintings and 3D ( acrylic or gel).

I'd be scared of the e-file, fear of the unknown though I imagine. I was scared of a 240grit when I first encountered one!!! Lol x

take a course and you'll love it ;)

No offence taken whatsoever and I agree with what you say. :hug:

I have to say I file manually too and feel exactly how you do about the e files, they just aren't for me.

I think you mastering the art of conversation is key, 99% of my clients love a good old natter, and so do I!!

Me too, it was either master it or never make any money as there aren't enough hours in the day! Lol fight or flight.
E-file? I'm a bit clumsy though x

Latest posts

Back