Average sets nail tech can do per day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how on earth can you get a set of bio overlays done in half an hour? If you are doing 2 fingers at a time as recommended by the system and thumbs seperately, and using 2 lamps that's still 40 mins of curing time alone, not to mention soak offs and prep...

Well we get 35 mins to file cuticles and apply gel and a extra 5 mins to remove a soak off if there is one.
I don't make the timings up it's just what we get. And it's doable. Gels lasting on clients for anything from 2.5 weeks to almost 6 so we can't be doing anything that wrong if it still lasts.

Xx

I used to work in a salon that produced full set nail extensions in 45 mins - the girls were incredible technicians so thorough, fast and excellent quality, when I started there it took me 2.5 hours to do a full set I soon got my time down but it was SO stressful clients in and out trying to plough through each treatment and I rarely managed to take my lunch break. Now I have my own clients I allow 1 hr 15 mins for extensions within that I include full cuticle service, nail prep, L & P extensions, shine buff, hand cream, cuticle oil and full colour or french polish - plus consultation, aftercare advice, retail info, taking payment and booking their next appointment, setting up before treatment and cleaning afterwards. Might be an idea to time yourself going through the motions from set up through to cleaning up at the end - it's your business only you can decide what is right for you, if you don't give yourself enough time you will be stressed out and rush treatments, if you book out too much time you could be losing money. Book out a lunch break too - even if it's 15 mins it makes all the difference to a busy day. Good luck x

:eek: Sorry but half an hour to do Shellac cannot be right, consultation, choice of colour, cuticle work, filing, nail prep application, curing, how can that be done in 30 minutes???

They choose the colour before they sit with me and chat before, if not it don't take two mins. With out rushing x

just wondering..

Those who do the set in 1 hour or fill in 30mins- does it includes paintings / designs or beautiful clean french?
How long these nails last unlifted ? ( how often your clients come to fill)?

Thanks =)

I do my set to help me the next time they return... Make sure there's no lifting, or min lifting if any. Thin and easy to suit how I work... It really works- u get in this habit and it really helps x

I complete Shellac in 30 mins, for a new client I allow an extra 15 mins for consultation. I display my colours on Colour Pops and let the client ponder the choices whilst carrying out cuticle work and shaping.
I take an hour to complete l&p.
I was taught by a very experienced and hugely talented Creative educator and then went on to work within her salon. This is how I was taught. I cut out and prep my tip wells whenever I get a new box of tips. To quote Samuel Sweet "fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
My clients help themselves to tea and coffee etc. Again I allow an extra 15 mins for new clients and their consultations.
My clients have been coming to me for 10-15 yrs and are obviously very happy with the service that I give. Some often comment on how long other salons take, 1.30-2hrs for l&p (if they go away and need an emergency app etc) and much prefer a shorter treatment time.
My clients are never treated like they are on a "conveyor belt" and I suppose I've mastered the art of conversing whilst working, I know in the early days I used to slow myself down by stopping my work to chat.

U work like me. I can't explain myself as well as u but yes this is how I feel too x

This is my work to show that is anyone thinks I do rush with out leaving nails satisfied. (on the french the white patter is only a transfer)
Sorry to keep replying I just saw the other messages after x

I hope they are attached as not uploaded photos on here before.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335376775.614690.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335376775.614690.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 183
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335376786.078025.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335376786.078025.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 143
Tabby, as mentioned earlier I think that with everything in life some people are faster, some are slower. It's experience and there's no right or wrong way timewise as long as the job is done correctly.
I do eyelashes too, it takes me much longer than the girl who does mine, we both get good results though xxx

Latest posts

Back