Average wax treatments in a day - waxing only business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oojebooje

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to get some advice on forecasting revenue for my waxing business. On average ( as this number is dependent on a number of factors) how many waxing treatments can you expect to deliver in a day?

During September to December does this average change, if so what would you predict roughly?

I'm trying to plan toward my waxing only service and get a rough idea of what to expect as it helps with budgeting of finances.

Advice would be really appreciated.

xoxo
Ooje

P.s I know this is dependent on numerous things i.e experience and how you're as a waxer but an average would really be helpful at this stage. Thanks!

Your physicality may have a bearing on this. I restrict my Hollywoods to 5 a day because more than this and my wrists really hurt. Other waxing is easier on my body, so I can wax 4 hours a day as long as it's not more than an hour and a half a client.

Some cultures like to be hair free all over, all year round, whilst most Brit Caucasians are perfectly comfortable with arm, thigh, tummy and back hair, and only really want a professional treatment for bikini and half legs, underarms and top lip.

Intimate waxing is steady through the year. We get a big inflx of students wanting Hollywoods in October who then go away for the summer.

We experience modest waxing demand year round with an uplift in the summer. We had a big increase this year as the prolonged good weather meant a lot of people got fed up with shaving.

I have just retired from owning an all waxing salon only. I would wax 8 hours a day for 4 days a week and 4 hours on a saturday. If you train your clients to come in every 4 weeks then you will have clients all seasons. Over the summer i would work a few hours extra each day if needed, sometimes i had to turn clients away as i couldnt fit them in. It is doable to survive in a waxing salon only. In saying that you need to be really competent at what you do. I also did all male waxing including intimate waxing so that also helped keeping me busy.

delete

Last edited:
I've been advertising in my local area. Reaching out to
My partner does 2 clients an hour and charges $60 / client.

I think you're a genius to sticking to just one service. There are so many generalist salons, so if you just stick to waxing, you'll become known as the goto!

I also recommend resisting the urge to offer discounts. Get paid what you're worth! You're time and skills are valuable. Also, the higher paying clients are much more of a joy to work with. You'll give them better service because of what they pay you. Low paying clients you will start to resent, and they complain SO much more!

The only time my partner's waxing client numbers fluctuates is when she goes on vacation. She is booked solid, and turns people away.

Have you thought about how to get clients in? That's usually the hardest part.

Thank you! Yes it is the hardest part I am reaching out to people over social media and I'm also advertising in the local area. This seems to help but I would be open to any suggestions.

Latest posts

Back