Awkward pub situation-was the manager right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
Very random post but feel quite angry! Was in wetherspoons last night with some friends having a few drinks, when a group of Albanian men came in, and were persistently trying it on with me and another friend, we ignored them, which try didn't like and so they reported us to the manager for disturbing them (we hadn't done anything) manager came over to us and asked us to move tables, because if he said anything to them he'd get called racist...is this fair!? They were in the wrong yet they got away with it because (managers words) there a 'minority' surely this is wrong?? Xxx

Yea that's wrong!

Glad someone agrees with me and I'm not just overreacting xxx

Glad someone agrees with me and I'm not just overreacting xxx

Defiantly not over reacting, if anything I would put a complaint in for that! Ridiculous If anything, it's those hesitations in the manager worrying he's going to be racist which usually turns the situation out to be racist, he should of told them to move or leave, everyone is equal. Shouldn't treat anyone different because he's worried abut offending!!

Defiantly not over reacting, if anything I would put a complaint in for that! Ridiculous If anything, it's those hesitations in the manager worrying he's going to be racist which usually turns the situation out to be racist, he should of told them to move or leave, everyone is equal. Shouldn't treat anyone different because he's worried abut offending!!

Who would I complain to? And would it remain anon? Wouldn't wanna cause tension because I love going there! Except for when this sorta thing happens :| xxx

Defo wrong x

Not sure, probably area manager? Tell them you'd like to remain anon, however they will probably watch those guys then and monitor their behaviour, might not be the first incident it has happened, but if they watch them and see them causing hassle, they can ban them eventually.

Not sure, probably area manager? Tell them you'd like to remain anon, however they will probably watch those guys then and monitor their behaviour, might not be the first incident it has happened, but if they watch them and see them causing hassle, they can ban them eventually.

Ah okay, thankyou hun xxx

Complain directly to Wetherspoons HO.

The manager should be able to take control of the situation without causing offence so the way it's been handled is, at the very least, a training issue. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Complain directly to Wetherspoons HO.

The manager should be able to take control of the situation without causing offence so the way it's been handled is, at the very least, a training issue. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ill go on the website in the morning an find a number, thankyou xxx

It is wrong, but maybe you should have reported them 1st.

We just tend to tolerate, awkward situations. I think if you had reported them they would have been the ones who had to move.

Xx

It is wrong, but maybe you should have reported them 1st.

We just tend to tolerate, awkward situations. I think if you had reported them they would have been the ones who had to move.

Xx

I did mention it briefly to one of the bar lads and he said he'd keep an eye, then it just got turned round on us xxx

Charming! Id mention it when you report to HQ. hope they sort their staff out! Xx

That's awful! Write a complaint to Head Office, these larger companies have to deal with this sort of thing to a particular standard and if they aren't doing their job properly in house then you have to go over their heads!
They will have to pull their socks up then... although I'm in the hair & beauty trade I did used to work for Beefeater Restaurant & Pup for a couple of years when I left cruise ships so I know how they work.

Wrong, but this is what has happened the 'minorities' are always playing the 'racist' card even when they are clearly in the wrong etc..So now everyone is afraid to say anything, I know I am!

I was sitting on a bus when I was 12 years old and a group of Asian men spat down my face and slapped me round the face, my dad went to the police but they said they would just say I was being racist to them, which I wasn't.
It's ridiculous and gets me angry :mad:

Does my head in....everyone should be treated completely equally, therefore should be punished equally if they've done wrong...aghhh lol xxx

I realise there are two sides to every story and if this happened as you said then they would lose my custom I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong, but this is what has happened the 'minorities' are always playing the 'racist' card even when they are clearly in the wrong etc..So now everyone is afraid to say anything, I know I am!

Actually, the "minorities" didn't play any card. The pub staff made that decision...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes but it happened because of people always saying everyone is 'racist.' The pub staff are like everyone else and afraid to say anything.
This is just my opinion and how a lot of other people feel on the situation and this is how they obviously felt.

Latest posts

Back