Awkwardness doing a male Brazilian wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe87

Reaction score
Hi :)
I do lots of Brazilian waxes but have recently started doing it for men too. I was a little hesitant to get started because I've worried that it might be harder to do than women. I've had my first dealing with a client who gets erect, and it happens very easily and it sustains for the whole treatment. I've seen him about 5 times now and he always manages to get erect but never said anything about it until now, when he said "sorry about the obvious, it's hard to control". I said no worries and just continued with the treatment. He's such a sweet guy though and is never inappropriate but I'm just wondering if a constant erection is something I should be concerned about? I heard some men get off on showing their erections off to women, especially when they're handling it lol. And I asked a Male friend of mine about him and he said "he knows what he's doing, boners are easier for guys to control than you think". Are erections like this really that common? Should I give him some time to get it under control before I continue? Thanks :)

Last edited:
This is a challenging area to master so well done on getting repeat bookings. Have you been on a training course? Courses cover this sort of issue.

Basically you shouldn’t really see enough of the penis to really know whether he’s erect or not. He holds himself and his hands are busy stretching his skin so at least partially covering his penis. I also give my chaps a hand towel so they can wipe sweat off their palms and they usually keep it handy over their crotch area giving them a little cover from view.

The only time I’ve had an erection wave in my face (so to speak) was a chap who jumped off the couch whilst I was still in the room. Up until then I hadn’t really noticed.

You need a chaperone. They don’t have to be in the room, but they do need to be in evidence. It takes all kinds of people to make a world and misunderstandings can occur. I’d say this behaviour is unusual and unfortunately it is never safe to permit deviant behaviour. I’m older and I doubt any male would misunderstand my position, but some people fool and delude themselves. You need a burly male to greet your client by name and give him a man to man look. No need for power handshakes or any “this is my boyfriend” just a routine receptionist attitude.

So I've done male intimate waxing for 3/4 years. Here is my take:
  • Erections are completely natural and not always sexual. I've waxed many a gay client who have had erections. A few said the warmth of the wax is nice.
  • I do the stretching. I know many other Therapists will not but it's my preference because early on in my waxing days I had a client stretch and they accidentally let go just as I was removing a strip of hot wax resulting in a bruise. I always get clients to help stretch, if extra hands are necessary.
  • I've never once had an inappropriate client. I actually have a better rapport with male clients than females because I've always been a tomboy.
  • If you feel uneasy, always make sure someone is nearby or you aren't alone in the salon.
  • If anyone ever becomes inappropriate, stop what you are doing immediately, inform them that you will not be finishing the treatment and ask them to get dressed and leave. It's never worth the money to put yourself at risk.
Good luck xoxo

So I've done male intimate waxing for 3/4 years. Here is my take:
  • Erections are completely natural and not always sexual. I've waxed many a gay client who have had erections. A few said the warmth of the wax is nice.
  • I do the stretching. I know many other Therapists will not but it's my preference because early on in my waxing days I had a client stretch and they accidentally let go just as I was removing a strip of hot wax resulting in a bruise. I always get clients to help stretch, if extra hands are necessary.
  • I've never once had an inappropriate client. I actually have a better rapport with male clients than females because I've always been a tomboy.
  • If you feel uneasy, always make sure someone is nearby or you aren't alone in the salon.
  • If anyone ever becomes inappropriate, stop what you are doing immediately, inform them that you will not be finishing the treatment and ask them to get dressed and leave. It's never worth the money to put yourself at risk.
Good luck xoxo
Hi :)
I do lots of Brazilian waxes but have recently started doing it for men too. I was a little hesitant to get started because I've worried that it might be harder to do than women. I've had my first dealing with a client who gets erect, and it happens very easily and it sustains for the whole treatment. I've seen him about 5 times now and he always manages to get erect but never said anything about it until now, when he said "sorry about the obvious, it's hard to control". I said no worries and just continued with the treatment. He's such a sweet guy though and is never inappropriate but I'm just wondering if a constant erection is something I should be concerned about? I heard some men get off on showing their erections off to women, especially when they're handling it lol. And I asked a Male friend of mine about him and he said "he knows what he's doing, boners are easier for guys to control than you think". Are erections like this really that common? Should I give him some time to get it under control before I continue? Thanks :)
I will say they are not that easy to control. They tend to happen, sometimes when you least expect it. It doesn’t mean we want sex it’s just a natural response to heat of the wax or touches.

I have been getting waxed for a couple year my the same Esthetician for all those years.

First time it happen she says it just happen no big deal and it’s actually easier to wax the shaft of the penis. Now when it happens nothing is said by either one of us, she finishes, I pay and that is the end of it. There is absolutely nothing sexual about it.

Yes it happens and is normal to a certain extent. Some can control, others can't, so it's tough to guess which kind they are. Best thing to do is keep it professional, cover everything, and keep him busy taming his tackle, and holding it out the way for you whilst you get on with the treatment. Keeps him busy, helps you out and with a bit of luck his reaction will subside.

Nicky

I would say also extent a bit of empathy and understand that there are many men who are really interested in getting this service done but are very embarrassed about being judged by their therapist. Biology isn't straight forward in the sense that ALL men can control their erections ALL the time. We would not be human if this was the case.

Oooops, see below.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back