AXIOM'S WORKSHOP - Hard Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooops, yes I did rather overdo the oil (and sorry about ripping half your scalp hair out too!!) :D

You have nothing to apologise for! x

aww i wish i could have gone :cry: when you bringing your self up north andy !! xxxx

I had a brilliant morning, well worth the effort of getting there ( feeling poorly and navigating the trains:)). I've just confirmed my order for euroblonde etc and ordered a wax heater (I use pHd at the moment), can't wait for it all to come. I'm doing a holiday wax package on Monday for a client with very thick, course hair which it'll be perfect for.
It was also lovely to meet some real life geeks.:green:

Thanks again Andy.

Just had to add at 2 o'clock this afternoon my products arrived. I can't quite believe that they got here in 2 1/2 hours, what brilliant customer services!

Forgot to say thanks to the girls who made sure i was defuzzed before i go off on holiday on saturday and Tracey i how your arm isnt too sore honey i didnt mean to scalp you x

Ooops, yes I did rather overdo the oil (and sorry about ripping half your scalp hair out too!!) :D

Forgot to say thanks to the girls who made sure i was defuzzed before i go off on holiday on saturday and Tracey i how your arm isnt too sore honey i didnt mean to scalp you x

:lol: me thinks you were having a game of cowboys and indians - all this SCALPING going on :lol:

aww i wish i could have gone :cry: when you bringing your self up north andy !! xxxx

Yep I agree Dee - count me in Andy if you get yourself up into our neck of the woods :green:

Quick note for those who are going to be playing with their hard wax over the next few days...

TO HEAT THE NON-STRIP WAX BEADS:

Decant the beads into an empty tin or a removable inner bucket if your heater has one - the Perron Rigot tins will fit most heaters except the Babyliss, Clean and Easy, and Gigi heaters, in which case you will need to clean out an old wax pot and use that instead!

Your heater's temperature dial should be about halfway (between 2.5 and 3 on the Hive heaters, halfway for the Perron Rigot heaters). At this temperature with a lid on, it will take about an hour to melt - you might want to use a timer so that your waxpot comes on for 60 to 90 minutes before you arrive in the morning. It will never overheat at this setting, and you can leave it on all day without fear of it being too hot or burning. You might need to adjust these settings slightly depending on how warm the weather and room is.

In an emergency you can speed heat the wax by whacking the heater up to full blast for 5 to 10 minutes, then turn back down and leave the lid off until the wax cools to the right temperature. It's best not to do this too often though, as you can burn the wax and risk scalding yourself and your customers.

At the right temperature all of the PR hard waxes will have the texture of syrup and feel pleasantly warm but never hot. They will take less than a minute to set, and will lose their shine and stickiness when ready to be removed. Press the surface of the wax if you want to test how it is doing - if it sticks to your fingers or feels squidgy and warm, it needs a bit longer to dry.

The wax will need stirring periodically while you are working, to keep it fluid and distribute the heat evenly. The wax towards the middle of your pot will always be slightly harder, thicker and cooler than the wax towards the edges. Also, the lower in the pot you dip your spatula, the hotter the wax gets. Use this to your advantage - if your wax is too hot and runny, take it from the middle; if it's too gloopy and cool, take from the edges and dip deeper into the pot.

A really quick way to cool wax that is far too hot is to add a few more pellets and give it a good stir. Also, twizzle your spatula in the air for a few seconds before applying to the skin, which will give the wax on your stick chance to cool slightly.

Wherever possible, keep your pot topped up so that it never gets below halfway - this will ensure you always have enough wax available, and makes it easier to control the temperature.

Hope that helps, but drop me a line or post on this thread if you need any further help! :D

Andy x

Thank you so much Andy, this is very helpful :hug:

Helpful and informative as always, thanks x

Thanks Andy.

I can't wait for mine to arrive - I'm already lining up my guinea pigs!!:lol::lol:

Just had to add at 2 o'clock this afternoon my products arrived. I can't quite believe that they got here in 2 1/2 hours, what brilliant customer services!

Me too!! Got mine first thing this morning. I am in love with the pre wax oil, YUMMMMMY!

I've come out of lurking to join in on this thread.

Thank you all for making yesterday such an enjoyable day:- Andy for organising and being such a great enthusiastic tutor, Debbie for waiting for my train to come in and travel with me to the workshop and to everyone at the workshop for being so friendly and happy to share various hairy areas.

I've finished being brave so I'm off to lurk again.

Vanessa x x

Welcome vanessa...share your views,you certainly are a knowledgeble person,so dont be afraid....hell we may disagree but we are professionals,and i certainly respect peoples views as do others here...

One question Andy,what was that phrase you coined for French women...?:)

Richard says i need alot of attention from him:eek::green:

One question Andy,what was that phrase you coined for French women...?:)

Richard says i need alot of attention from him:eek::green:

Lol, it was in regard to the hard wax and was coined by one of the trainers from Paris... Perron Rigot hard waxes are French waxes and are like the French women they were designed for: beautiful and sophisticated, but they need a lot of attention!

And it was a French woman who said that, so I'm not going to argue with her! :D :lol:

I was very excited to recieve my wax etc today:), but unfortunately the tins dont fit my wax pot :cry:. i am now on the search for a reasonably priced wax pot to purchase (to go along with the other three types of wax systems i already own!:lol:)
Wish me luck xxx

I was very excited to recieve my wax etc today:), but unfortunately the tins dont fit my wax pot :cry:. i am now on the search for a reasonably priced wax pot to purchase (to go along with the other three types of wax systems i already own!:lol:)
Wish me luck xxx

Which make of wax pot have you got at the moment, April? Is it just the hard wax you'll be using?

The 1000cc Hive heaters will fit the Perron Rigot tins - you can pick them up for around £40. Alternatively, the Babyliss Satin Smooth single heater is about £25 and comes with a removable inner bucket if all you want to use is the hard wax (you can empty the pellets into the bucket, but it won't fit the strip wax tins).

Andy x

yes, it would just be for hard wax. i have the salon system compact heater, and to be honest i thought it prob wouldnt fit, but i wasnt too worried.
Thankyou for your recommendations, i will prob look at the babyliss heater.
Thanks Andy
April x

yes, it would just be for hard wax. i have the salon system compact heater, and to be honest i thought it prob wouldnt fit, but i wasnt too worried.
Thankyou for your recommendations, i will prob look at the babyliss heater.
Thanks Andy
April x

The other alternative is to warm an empty wax tub from the Salon Systems range in the heater, then give it a good clean with some oil and solvent while still warm (the warmth helps the last of the wax come off easier), and use that to pour the hard wax beads into... saves you £25! :D

Always full of great ideas. when you say solvent, what would you suggest that wouldnt impair the wax? i will def give it a go before parting with pennies! x

The other alternative is to warm an empty wax tub from the Salon Systems range in the heater, then give it a good clean with some oil and solvent while still warm (the warmth helps the last of the wax come off easier), and use that to pour the hard wax beads into... saves you £25! :D

That is exactly what I did today a bit of effort but well worth it:hug:

Latest posts

Back