AXIOM'S WORKSHOP - Hard Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always full of great ideas. when you say solvent, what would you suggest that wouldnt impair the wax? i will def give it a go before parting with pennies! x

Any of the wax equipment cleaners out there will do the job, but even just a cheap massage or mineral oil will work (or the Jasmine Oil if you bought that!). The trick is definitely to make sure the tub is warm first - scrape as much of the remaining wax out as you can with a spatula, spritz your oil or equipment cleaner on generously, then use a paper or fabric waxing strip to wipe the rest of the wax from inside the tub (the strips are tougher than using tissues, as you'll need to give it a reasonably vigorous rub!!). Give it a good soapy rinse and a wipe with surgical spirit or something similar when you're done, to make sure there is no oily residue left on the inside of the pot, and you're ready to go.

Hello geeks

I am trying my Euroblonde in a Babyliss heater... I'm not convinced it's the right heater at the mo, so I wouldn't recommend anyone rush out and buy one... But I need to use it more before I give a considered opinion...

I melted the pellets on the LOWEST setting, i.e. 1, and kept it on that setting and the wax was a little on the hot side. I tested it on my wrist, was a little hot, used it on a clients eyebrows, she said it was a little hot but OK, but the real test will be a brazilian. The thing is, if I had it in my Hive heater on 3, I could turn it down to 2, but with the Babyliss, if it's already on the lowest there is nowhere to go!!

I will update when I have used it a bit more :)

Hello geeks

I am trying my Euroblonde in a Babyliss heater... I'm not convinced it's the right heater at the mo, so I wouldn't recommend anyone rush out and buy one... But I need to use it more before I give a considered opinion...

I melted the pellets on the LOWEST setting, i.e. 1, and kept it on that setting and the wax was a little on the hot side. I tested it on my wrist, was a little hot, used it on a clients eyebrows, she said it was a little hot but OK, but the real test will be a brazilian. The thing is, if I had it in my Hive heater on 3, I could turn it down to 2, but with the Babyliss, if it's already on the lowest there is nowhere to go!!

I will update when I have used it a bit more :)

That's useful to know Zoe, thanks - let us know how you get on with the Brazilian. Is your waxpot quite full with wax? The wax does get hotter the lower down in the pot it gets, but having said that the Babyliss pots are quite small anyway aren't they? I've got a Babyliss dual heater at home that I bought last year, I'll have a play with mine over the next couple of days and see if I have any suggestions, but let us know how you get on in the meantime. :) x

Hi Andy, I pretty much filled the bucket, after an hour on '1' it was fairly well melted, just a ball in the middle still in pellets, by this time the level had dropped so I stirred it and topped it up and left it on '1'.
Left it for a good hour or more while I was doing something else, then when I came to use it, it was completely melted and quite full. It wasn't too hot to use, but of course some clients are more senstive to heat than others.
Just one other thing, I had the lid on the whole time, whereas if I were working I wouldn't have had the lid on and it would have cooled down a little I guess. I'll be interested to know how you get on x

Hi Zoe
I have the Hive pot with spare tubs so I'll try mine out tomorrow and see what setting is best.

Did you feel confident using it on your client?

Thanks for the advice on cleaning up an old tub. i have done this, and just had a practice with the euroblonde, and i have to say it is fantastic! i am really impressed with the results, and the fact that it is so easy, i am totally converted!
Thats all folks, from a totally excited geek xx

Hi Zoe
I have the Hive pot with spare tubs so I'll try mine out tomorrow and see what setting is best.

Did you feel confident using it on your client?

Yes, I was happy to use it. My client had been tweezing her eyebrows between appointments, I could see it and she admitted it :eek: so I was a bit worried but the Euroblonde still pulled the short ones out and the finish was really nice.

I did two bikini waxes with it today (one was a brazilian) and both went really well. For the first one I was not planning on using hot wax (it was a new client and was meant to be a traditional bikini wax) but when I met her she wanted quite a lot off... well, I had only put the wax on about 40 mins earlier so the hot wax was only melted around the edges, but I took the chance and used it, there was enough to use iyswim, and it wasn't too hot. For the second one the wax was completely melted, I tested it on my wrist and it was OK, I did it quite deliberately in front of the client, then I proceeded to use it but the lid was off the whole time and I think that really helped keep the temperature down.

I'm going to keep the pot topped up at all times and when the whole pot is completely melted I'll try to take from the centre rather than the edges.

Overall I'm really happy with it. (As expected!!) Now just thinking about putting my prices up a little. Am thinking about putting bikini up from £9 to £10, brazilian from £20 to £25, and introducing something in between at £15, might call it 'High bikini line' ... anyone got any ideas what it should be called??

Zoe x

Forgot to say thanks to the girls who made sure i was defuzzed before i go off on holiday on saturday and Tracey i how your arm isnt too sore honey i didnt mean to scalp you x

They are fine and soo smooth you did a good job, shame your not local as would get you doing them regular. Speak soon

I'm going to keep the pot topped up at all times and when the whole pot is completely melted I'll try to take from the centre rather than the edges.

Overall I'm really happy with it. (As expected!!) Now just thinking about putting my prices up a little. Am thinking about putting bikini up from £9 to £10, brazilian from £20 to £25, and introducing something in between at £15, might call it 'High bikini line' ... anyone got any ideas what it should be called??

Zoe x

Keeping the lid off will definitely help keep the wax a little cooler, as will keeping it as full as possible - adding a few more pellets and giving it a quick stir between clients will get the temp down very quickly :) I'm going to have a play with my Babyliss over the weekend (ooer missus!! :lol:) so it's useful to know how you've got on, thanks Zoe.

Just a suggestion for your pricing... instead of having a separate charge for your "high bikini line", have you considered just one quote: "Bikini line £10-£15" (or even £10-£20) on your pricelist? This gives you 100% flexibility to wax as much or as little as needed, including those few stray hairs on the tummy or upper thighs of some clients. It also avoids any confusion over what constitutes a regular or basic bikini line, and what makes it a high or extended bikini line. Just a thought :)

Andy x

Keeping the lid off will definitely help keep the wax a little cooler, as will keeping it as full as possible - adding a few more pellets and giving it a quick stir between clients will get the temp down very quickly :) I'm going to have a play with my Babyliss over the weekend (ooer missus!! :lol:) so it's useful to know how you've got on, thanks Zoe.

Just a suggestion for your pricing... instead of having a separate charge for your "high bikini line", have you considered just one quote: "Bikini line £10-£15" (or even £10-£20) on your pricelist? This gives you 100% flexibility to wax as much or as little as needed, including those few stray hairs on the tummy or upper thighs of some clients. It also avoids any confusion over what constitutes a regular or basic bikini line, and what makes it a high or extended bikini line. Just a thought :)

Andy x

Thank you! Very good suggestion, in fact I would have probably said the same if someone else had asked, funny how I don't seem to be able to think for myself at the moment! :lol:
Forgive me I'm having a funny old week x

Latest posts

Back