Axxium soak off gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzie

Reaction score
Has anybody tried these OPI Gels ?? gellish too?? any views ? would love to stay with Shallac but such a problem getting stock ! x thanks

Hi,
I was wondering the same thing! I am using Axxium at the moment but have been thinking of switching to Shellac. Reading between the lines I think the Shellac aplication might be easier/ faster and longer lasting. I am only having so so results with Axxium. My clients are only getting a week on average with each set, soak off can take up to a half hour and these two things are causing me stress!!! I feel I have no confidance in Axxium and refrain from promoting it to my clients. I understand that due to the huge demand for Shellac stock is low but with it being a huge trend now I'm sorry I didn't see it before Axxium. I use OPI polishes etc and love them. Bottom line, for all the hard work I put into doing a set of Axxium the results are dissapointing...:rolleyes:

I have OPI Axxium SOG, Shellac, Gelish & Eco SOG. My clients have overwhelmingly chosen Gelish repeatedly. I still have a client that goes back and forth between OPI and Gelish (she likes that she can "touch up" with the coordinating polishes if she is running long for fill). I'm happy with the Gelish because it has a larger profit margin than the other 3 for me!

I have only used the axxium and the eco soak off love the eco traditional hate the soak off. i love love love the Axxium and my clients love it as well and i have very long lasting results. i am a cnd girl at heart but my clients love the ability to match it with their fav opi colors. maybe review your application technique and make sure your light is in proper order. use bond aid before you apply your base gel if you dont do that already. it is expensive but it really is a fab product

i love axxium. it lasts between 2-3 weeks on my clients, i have the odd client that can go 4 weeks. ive never really had any problems soaking it off either. the application is good and end result has a nice shine to it, that lasts. i havent used any other gel brand so cant comment on others.

Thankyou guys so much x appreciate u taking the time to answer xx!

I use Axxium and my client are lasting between 2-3 weeks. soak off takes 15 mins when wrapped in foil, but then another 15 mins to actuall remove from nail and re-prep. Use shellac too and this is much easier to remove but found little difference in application time.

I've been tempted to look into Axxium but I have a lot invested in my current gel system...and not 100% sure about how compatible Light Elegance gel polishes (for example) would be with Axxium gels.

I have not used Axxium, so cannot comment on that.

I have however, used Shellac & now use Gelish.

If you would like more info regarding Gelish & it's 48 colours with loads more coming in approx Jan, check out the facebook page ....

Nail Harmony UnitedKingdom | Facebook

here you will be able to read what lots of other people think about Gelish.

There are also 'Gelish Lovers' group and 'Shellac Lovers' group here on Salon Geek, with lots of info about those tewo products.

Gelish cures in any 36watt UV lamp or the Harmony LED lamp.

I love my Axxium soak offs and use them over a clear gel overlay for those that want longer nails and strength. Seems to last a little better over the overlay than natural nail though - but can get a good 3 weeks.
Colours are great and lasts really well on toes! The sales team have been really good and have not had any problems as yet.
Hope this helps.

Claire F what clear gel do you use for your clear overlays?

Hi, I trained with NCO for my buff of gels as I liked the company, colour gels and it is also local to me. The product has been fantastic. I have done clear overlays (base and build) - (with tips if wanted) removed the sticky, buffed to perfect shape and remove shine and then used the axxium soak off. Seems to work really well. These seem to be popular - but i will buff off the color rather than soak off for the infill. Some people just prefer the colours - its the only reason i do them. HTH x

I have done clear overlays (base and build) - (with tips if wanted) removed the sticky, buffed to perfect shape and remove shine and then used the axxium soak off. Seems to work really well. These seem to be popular - but i will buff off the color rather than soak off for the infill. Some people just prefer the colours - its the only reason i do them. HTH x
I do it this way too for people who like longer nails, but I now also use the axxium soak off sculpting gel for weaker nails which is really good when used between the last coat of colour and top coat.

is the axxium scultping gel quite easy to apply. I only offer acrylic extensions and don't tend to do acrylic then put the axxium over the top as its a bit of a hassle. I was thinking about looking into a stronger gel as I do have clients who's nails need a bit more added strength lbefore applying the axxium colours.

In the past, I used OPI Axxium Traditional gel for all sculpting. It is a bit thinner viscosity than most other gels that I have used, but it is a very good gel and I love their Opaque Pink for extending the nail plate. I find it very easy to work with and it will cure perfectly with as little as a 2-bulb 18 watt light. It also works well with just about any other brand of gel out there.

Hi, seems quite a few of you have used Axxium soak off gel, just bought it for the first time as a kit to try. It came with a dvd which I have followed to the letter but I am a bit disappointed with the finished colour :cry: even the brightest colour in the kit (Strawberry Margarita) came out pale and sheer - I was expecting a more bold & solid finish.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am guessing that the layers can be built up to achieve a stronger colour - although this would give a thicker nail and add to the service time?

Last edited:
Hi, seems quite a few of you have used Axxium soak off gel, just bought it for the first time as a kit to try. It can with a dvd which I have followed to the letter but I am a bit disappointed with the finished colour :cry: even the brightest colour in the kit (Strawberry Margarita) can out pale and sheer - I was expecting a more bold & solid finish.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am guessing that the layers can be built up to achieve a stronger colour - although this would give a thicker nail and add to the service time?

I'm guessing you have the 'pales and pinks' kit? All the colours in that kit are fairly pale and sheer...... The 'darks and bolds' give a much more solid finish with just 2 coats of colour as do most of the other colours. I use the pale colours the least out of all the ones I have.

Hth's

I know what you mean about the strawberry margarita, when you see it on the colour chart you think its going to be a strong pink but its not at all. As said before it is in the pretty pinks and pales kits and all of those colours are very pale. Great for using for french or clients that want something very natural.

Going back to the sculpting gel, I take it I'd be able to use this as on overlay? I know they recently brought out a thinker base gel as anyone tried this and how good is it for adding a bit more strength?

Thanks Vetty, I'm ordering some of the darker colours so look forward to trying these. Guess I was just expecting it to come out more like the swatch on the box and the equivalent colour in traditional laquer.

Thanks Vetty, I'm ordering some of the darker colours so look forward to trying these. Guess I was just expecting it to come out more like the swatch on the box and the equivalent colour in traditional laquer.

Just had another thought, are you stirring them enough? If not it can leave the colour looking washed out. I find I need to really stir each colour before every application, the pigment does settle at the bottom (you can see it particularly in Princesses Rule). Stir, stir and stir again!

Latest posts

Back