Babtac or Guild

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yummy Mummy's

Reaction score
I'm setting up from home and narrowed down insurance to Babtac or Guild

Any recommendations on who would suit me better?
Thanks
X

I'm setting up from home and narrowed down insurance to Babtac or Guild

Any recommendations on who would suit me better?
Thanks
X
I used BABTAC for quite a few years whilst based in the UK. I felt they gave good sound cover. Just make sure that you have solid code of practise in place for each treatment you offer that adheres to your cover policy no matter which you choose. Hope this helps. Victoria xx

I too narrowed my search down to these two as the cover seemed similar. I went with guild in the end as they were so much more helpful over the phone. Another consideration was making sure that they covered any future courses I was planning to do. Just my opinion though :biggrin:

BABTAC - been with them for years and have been very impressed with their help and professionalism x

Obviously we say the Guild!

We offer £3 million Public, Product and Treatment liabilty cover whether you have national qualificiations or short private qualifications.

If you quote Geek when joining you can get £10 off the joining fee.

You can join over the phone by calling 0845 2177 383 or online at www.beautyguild.com.

If you need any more information, just ask, we're happy to help.

Obviously we say the Guild!

We offer £3 million Public, Product and Treatment liabilty cover whether you have national qualificiations or short private qualifications.

If you quote Geek when joining you can get £10 off the joining fee.

You can join over the phone by calling 0845 2177 383 or online at www.beautyguild.com.

If you need any more information, just ask, we're happy to help.
That's nice that you come and answer a question personally..I like :)

BABTAC every time for me.

I'm a BABTAC gal :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Think I'm going to go with Guild just because BABTAC want me to do patch test for every single new client for waxing and tanning!!

Any other recommendations?

I've gone with ABT, 6 million cover xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Just a quick thing, if you want to join an association with the membership benefits then you can disregard this but we offer insurance only products. So if the main thing you are looking for is insurance then you could have a look at us. Our prices are competitive so if you are interested you could phone us on 0844 892 1602 or visit our website www.towergatehealthandbeauty.co.uk

Think I'm going to go with Guild just because BABTAC want me to do patch test for every single new client for waxing and tanning!!

Any other recommendations?

Do u not do a patch test anyway when tanning a new client ? ... I do just to be sure, iv never had anyone have a reaction but can never be too careful and iv presumed i wouldnt be covered, and Im Sure it's the same at Guild - I'm sure that's what it says on my policy

I don't patch test waxing tho ...

Sure they can answer us ...

Guild can you ans ???

Hi sanilulu

No the guild require you to patch test for spray tan only IF that is what you were trained to do or requested to do so by the tanning supplier

So I use Nouvatan and you are only required to patch test if they have sensitive skin therefore don't need to patch test.

Hi
That's ok then,
iv been with guild for years, never had an issue with them, really helpful.

Xxxx

ABT !!

We have our training academy accredited with ABT and BABTAC.
BABTAC and the GUILD will only cover therapists and such like if they have trained with a company accredited with them. They will not cover you to do treatments if your training was done with a short course provider accredited with another company.

We have found ABT will cover our students and therapists wherever they have trained and are very competivie !

ie, if you train with an ABT accredited training provider like us and hold your personal insurance with the guild, you are unlikely to be covered for that service you are trained in.

ABT will cover you whereever you trained, as long as its accredited.

Last edited:
I've used BABTAC as a student and have enquired about training I'd like to do with smaller training company's and each time they've say they'll cover me.
Industry insurance policy with public, product and professional liability up to £6million per claim, per year!

Was courious about Guild but am unsure.

Handy thread, Thanks geeks :)

Latest posts

Back