Babtac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Is anyone here a member, not including their insurance?

I've just been on the Business Link website and there was a link for BABTAC membership, and I have read all the benefits on their site and just wondered if it is worth joining.

I already have my insuurance with Professional Beauty but is there anything extra to be gained from additional membership beyond the use of their logo?

They do a good bi-monthly magazine called Vitality which you would get as a member, it's just undergone a re-design and is pretty good!

Thanks for your reply Stampy.

That doesn't seem much for paying out to join. Is anyone else confused by all these groups? I don't know what half of them are for and if I should join.

That doesn't seem much for paying out to join. Is anyone else confuse by all these groups? I don't know what half of them are for and if I should join.

Glad I'm not the only one!!:lol::lol:

Pure - this isn't an ad, but insurance is only a small part of the BABTAC deal.

As a member you get cheap BUPA and AA, cheap Thomson/Yellow Pages advertising, cheap credit-card merchant agreements, free Vitality magazine (thanks for the kind words Stampy), free advertising on our website, promotional artwork kits, free legal advice, access to the Forum on our website, discounts on major products, discounjted training at exhibitions and our Gloucester centre, national PR and promotions to make the public aware of the importance of the BABTAC logo, competitions in every magazine (which also contains unique business advice on sales, marketing, promotions, the law etc), information from CIBTAC, representation by BABTAC whenever the media come out with bad news in the industry... and, of course, use of the badge and initials after your name!

We're a 'not for profit' company (no paid directors or shareholders) run by 12 members voted in by the membership, so every penny we raise goes toward helping you - not lining someone's pockets! Thirty years old and the largest single-body trade association in the industry!

Oh yes... and an insurance package with £2.5m cover, NO excess and with lots of 'extra' policy features which were put in by therapists for therapists!

All from about 24p a day!

PHIL

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Phil! Food for thought.

(And welcome to the site!!):)

Thanks for the welcome - and bon apetit!

Latest posts

Back