Baby fight club??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
Did anyone see the baby fight club last night.?????.....girls as young as 5 were fighting with others in a ring doing ty (sp!!) kick boxing........one boy had his first fight at 2 1/2 :eek:.......i do understand with the parents saying they can look after themselves....but GOD.....

Then 2 boys were fighting in a cage at 10 years old.:eek:.....just seeing if i was the only one who felt shocked by it all.

SEE IT????? :eek::eek::eek:

I was bloody fuming.....I couldn't stop shouting at the TV...

When that beautiful little 5 year old girl was crying before going in the ring to fight...I cried too...:cry:

Where are social services then eh? They should not be parents...it was downright child abuse in my eyes...

Sorry that might offend some people....but I was fuming....STILL AM!!!!!

Children learning martial arts/boxing etc...I have no problem with that...it is discipline and sport...

but are you telling me some of those parents didn't do it for money?????? :mad:

and swearing at their kids to 'effin smack um one' ..... :eek:

Must stop myself....I am getting worked up again:lol:

On principle, I couldn't even bring myself to watch the programme ... enough said.

the children were very sweet and obviously in good physical condition, I fear more for their mental condition however, they parents (most of them) came across as typical chavs, a breed of person that I find amusing, if not tragic.
It was no better than dog fighting, something which I campaign against as it repulses me so much - these babies were no different.

On principle, I couldn't even bring myself to watch the programme ... enough said.

I agree with you there Karen...I felt the same...but everyone else wanted to watch it and I got drawn into it....:cry:
I wished I hadn't and you did the right thing!!!

I saw the preview looked at my own boys (one of them is 6ft) and wanted to cry, how could anyone do that!!
If I'd have watched the whole thing the TV would have been smashed in frustration that I could do nothing to help these poor kids. I wholeheartedly agree social services need some involvement here. I'm getting vertigo now from the heighth of this soapbox.

the children were very sweet and obviously in good physical condition, I fear more for their mental condition however, they parents (most of them) came across as typical chavs, a breed of person that I find amusing, if not tragic.
It was no better than dog fighting, something which I campaign against as it repulses me so much - these babies were no different.

Exactly what I said it compared to....equally as repulsive xxxx

i watched it and was very suprised by it.it comes across that its more for the parents than the kids.one parent actually said that his son was living his dream.
they dont have any say in this and i felt sorry for them especially for the girl as she didnt seem that interested in it when she was in the ring and the towards the end when she was dressing up like a princess.

I don't know why these people are allowed to have children. All i can say is i saw the advert for it on TV and didn't watch it because i knew it'd annoy me. Dirty, disgusting Chavs. Poor kids.

Didnt watch it but idont agree with it either. Young kids like that will grow up to be agressive and kids that young dont tend to use it the right way they think they can then go around using it on other kids for no reason... Its ridiculous x

Erm saw a bit of it and thought I would love to get their parents in the ring and kick 6 shades of **** out of them :rolleyes: and see how they enjoy it ...........Not

My other half boxes and trains kids from 7 upwards...not just about boxing but about fitness, training, self control and respect.

He does it voluntary on a Sunday morning..and Tues eve for a local boxing gym. Rob does it because he loves boxing and anything fitness wise and because he wants to help get kids off the streets.

I have been a few times and its nothing like what was on that show last night....he takes them for a run...they exercise...they do a bit of work on the pads in the ring and if anyone doesn't want to do something they don't have to...although it is encouraged...(otherwise the place would end up like a youth club) and thats not what it was designed for.

All my girls have been on and off....if they want to go they can but if not they are not pushed. But i do like the idea of them doing something physical (other than watching TV)

I do think that those on that show where too pushy but then thats why they where chosen to take part...makes great tv...causes a debate and gets people talking.

Not everyone who's kids box are like them.

Both of my brothers went boxing as kids and believe you me it was nothing like that!! As Bagpuss says it was about fitness and discipline, that was little more pit fighting, did their parents hve wagers on the side as well?

I wouldnt be surprised fanella, they lookes like that type of person! I have brought up around people who have boxed as children (and adults) and they do if for fitness and fun, these poor kiddies knew no better the parents had a 'my dads bigger than your dad' attitude that was pathetic.

I have heard loads of people refer to them as chavs but to be honest I don't really know what they are. I'm glad you're here Sodabubble you always tip me the nod to what these things mean.

My son boxes and it is all very respectable and well run i didnt see this but it sounds awful

I am not happy about the channel 4 program it portrayed Thaiboxing very bad for kids.

The people who already know me will know we are a Thaiboxing family, my son now 14 is a professional Thaiboxer and trains every day (he chooses this, we do not force this pressure)

My son was the one of the originals to go on the show but we refused because we knew it would be out gobby parents and pushy parents. We were advised by his trainer and our adviser regarding this matter. Up till yesterday we were still being ask for quotes.

My son loves the sport and loves teaching his kids, he never pushes them to far and never verbally abuses them at all. My sons lives for Thaiboxing, I would never make him do anything he would not feel 100% comfortable with.

He fights in Thailand for a Thai gym too and has his own personnel thai trainer who he adores. The Thai promoters adore him as he is gifted and talented. Where my son trains in south Thailand he is known by all the locals who always cheer for him too, something which normally never happens. His whole ambition is to by a Lumpinee Fighter and be the world champion. In two years time he is going to the academy in Thailand to live there for a year as a Thaiboxing student, this is a privilege for western people.

If I thought that my son would be harmed or hurt in anyway I would never let him fight, I love my son to bits and it would break my heart. I never watch him fight though my husband does this.

My son is also learning from this, he already has his first aid, Anatomy and Physiology, speaks Thai (not as good as me though)and refereeing.

Lots of kids go out at night, smoking, drinking and take drugs. None of the parents know where they are or even what they are up too. I know my son is safe with his dad training every night, (even when he does go to school night club occasionally he wants to train first.)

We do not make any money from my son fighting, when he does get paid in Thailand he always gives his wages to the other fighter as Thai kids are not well off, even when the crowd give my son money we always give the money to the other kid.

I wanted to highlight this as not all parents are the same.

That programme was vulgar. My husband is a martial arts instructor, he is actually one of the UK's leading instructors and runs his own school. I used to to martial arts before we met (in fact thats how we met), and both our kids have done it since they were 5 years old.

The problem is that this programme was not a true portrayal of what happens when young children are allowed to train in a combat sport, the producers of the programme clearly took a handful of pikey scum who fight their kids like dogs, and now lots of parents will think twice before letting their kids participate in something which ought to be encouraged, because they will think all boxing/martial arts schools are like that.

S.J, you mentioned that they were doing thai boxing, the specific type they were doing is called muay thai, and its is barbaric to allow kids to do that. It is most easily described as the original form of kick boxing (if you go to a kickboxing class here, it will likely be a watered down version of muay thai), and it is a full contact sport and completely unsuitable for anyone under the age of 16.

My husband teaches our kids, and above and beyond any fighting techniques they learn, they learn to have respect, they learn how to walk away from a fight, they learn only to engage in combat as a last resort, and they learn that if they ever use their skills to bully or intimidate others they are barred from the class for life. Both of my kids are nearly black belts, and I am very confident that they could handle themselves in trouble, you dont need to encourage aggression for them to do that!!

My daughter does Ju Jitsu (spelt wrongly I am sure), anyway, she has done it for years and it has done wonders for her confidence - a boy attacked her at school and she floored him with just one move, so I am happy she is able to defend herself. :)

I admit I only watched it for a few mins and was disgusted. The parents on that prog should be ashamed of themselves those children were far too young to be entering competitions like that. At their age it should be a fun learning experience, to help build confidence and discipline.

That programme was vulgar. My husband is a martial arts instructor, he is actually one of the UK's leading instructors and runs his own school. I used to to martial arts before we met (in fact thats how we met), and both our kids have done it since they were 5 years old.

The problem is that this programme was not a true portrayal of what happens when young children are allowed to train in a combat sport, the producers of the programme clearly took a handful of pikey scum who fight their kids like dogs, and now lots of parents will think twice before letting their kids participate in something which ought to be encouraged, because they will think all boxing/martial arts schools are like that.

S.J, you mentioned that they were doing thai boxing, the specific type they were doing is called muay thai, and its is barbaric to allow kids to do that. It is most easily described as the original form of kick boxing (if you go to a kickboxing class here, it will likely be a watered down version of muay thai), and it is a full contact sport and completely unsuitable for anyone under the age of 16.

My husband teaches our kids, and above and beyond any fighting techniques they learn, they learn to have respect, they learn how to walk away from a fight, they learn only to engage in combat as a last resort, and they learn that if they ever use their skills to bully or intimidate others they are barred from the class for life. Both of my kids are nearly black belts, and I am very confident that they could handle themselves in trouble, you dont need to encourage aggression for them to do that!!

I do agree the program did get the scum from the backs of beyond.

But teaching Muay Thai to kids is not harmful this is what my son does. As I have said in the thread above I would never put my son in a dangerous position at all. He never uses his skills at school at all, the school know that he does Muay Thai and have praised him on his achievements. My son always keeps his cool, in fact he is very layed back if he was to use his skills I am sure his trainer would exclude him from the camp (gym) this is explained to all students when starting that you cannot use Muay Thai outside the gym.

Not all gyms teach full contact Muay Thai it depends on the student and what stage they are up to. I agree a 5 year old should not be doing full contact. My son is 14 and does full contact because he is so experienced and would look silly coming out with head gear and body shield on. He has been training with a Lumpinee Champion for years in Thailand. My son trains his kids excellent and I am very proud of what he has achieved.

Latest posts

Back