Baby oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny B

Reaction score
I've read that baby oil is a great moisturizer after exfoliating waxed parts. Can it work also as an post shave or post waxing lotion?

Last edited:
I recommend using baby oil after bath/shower to my clients and they have great results. I couldn't say about after shaving as I don't want my clients to shave:twisted: Don't forget www.abitofrough.com or else it'll be like sticking back old wallpaper. You need the dead skin gone first.

The tea tree oil and Aloe Vera are a few instances after exfoliating waxed parts. Aloe Vera is very useful as it nourishes your skin and makes it very soft. You can also use baby oils as they are mild and very effective.

I recommend using baby oil after bath/shower to my clients and they have great results. I couldn't say about after shaving as I don't want my clients to shave:twisted: Don't forget www.abitofrough.com or else it'll be like sticking back old wallpaper. You need the dead skin gone first.
Do you recommended using it only on the parts that I remove hair or as a regular body moisturizer?

I really do not recommend using baby oil as it contains mineral oil which is bad for your skin and doesnt allow your skin to breath. Look for a natural moisturiser with healing ingredients such as lavender aloe and coconut oil

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really do not recommend using baby oil as it contains mineral oil which is bad for your skin and doesnt allow your skin to breath. Look for a natural moisturiser with healing ingredients such as lavender aloe and coconut oil

I wonder if coconut oil is good to use also as an aftershave for the intimate areas and armpits.

I wonder if coconut oil is good to use also as an aftershave for the intimate areas and armpits.

I have heard so many good things about coconut oil. It can be used for so many different things. x

I agree with this. Mineral oil clogs pores which can cause breakouts. I would not use baby oil for after waxing. After waxing, I apply cortisone cream to reduce redness and swelling. Cortisone cream is great for that. For skin care after, I use coconut oil. Coconut oil is wonderful for all skin needs. It absorbs quickly, doesn't clog pores and smells great. I use it to cleanse my face and remove makeup. I have acne prone skin and coconut oil does not break it out. It seems counterintuitive, but oil will remove oil and clogged pores better than water and soap. I also use grape seed oil on it too. Natural oils, like coconut, grape seed, jojoba, etc are oils that will not clog pores. Each oil has a different use for it. I use it for my hair too. I apply it to dry hair, leave it in overnight then shampoo it out in the morning. Since I've been using natural oils on my skin, my is skin has changed greatly!

Sent from my Xoom using SalonGeek mobile app

There are many baby oils are available in the market. And why you use after shave oil or other items. They can be harmful for baby's skin. Be careful for little one's health and skin.

I agree with this. Mineral oil clogs pores which can cause breakouts. I would not use baby oil for after waxing. After waxing, I apply cortisone cream to reduce redness and swelling. Cortisone cream is great for that. For skin care after, I use coconut oil. Coconut oil is wonderful for all skin needs. It absorbs quickly, doesn't clog pores and smells great. I use it to cleanse my face and remove makeup. I have acne prone skin and coconut oil does not break it out. It seems counterintuitive, but oil will remove oil and clogged pores better than water and soap. I also use grape seed oil on it too. Natural oils, like coconut, grape seed, jojoba, etc are oils that will not clog pores. Each oil has a different use for it. I use it for my hair too. I apply it to dry hair, leave it in overnight then shampoo it out in the morning. Since I've been using natural oils on my skin, my is skin has changed greatly!

Sent from my Xoom using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree that natural oils are far more nourishing than mineral oil,but I wouldn't use cortisone as a general after wax cream.It is essentially a drug and is absorbed into the bloodstream and can have serious side effects on some people.Also the base of cortisone creams would almost certainly be liquid paraffin or mineral oil if that's what you are trying to avoid.

Where do you buy coconut oil? Do you recommend any in particular? Thanks, Laura.

I agree that natural oils are far more nourishing than mineral oil,but I wouldn't use cortisone as a general after wax cream.It is essentially a drug and is absorbed into the bloodstream and can have serious side effects on some people.Also the base of cortisone creams would almost certainly be liquid paraffin or mineral oil if that's what you are trying to avoid.
What's a good after waxing and shaving cream for body sensitive areas? It has to be with natural ingredients?

Is pure aloe vera gel good as a post shaving lotion? Does anybody have any experience with it?

Where do you buy coconut oil? Do you recommend any in particular? Thanks, Laura.

I'd love to know that too, does any one have a recommendation? x

Thanks!

Egg fried rice you say... oh, that makes me hungry!

I have bought it from various places in the past and use it for lomi lomi massage.
Here is a link for Baldwins who do a great range of massage oils -

Baldwins Coconut Oil (Solid) | G Baldwin & Co.

Jack
Can I use Aloe Vera gel as a moisturizer after exfoliating the waxed parts(as Kim suggests doing with baby oil)? I'm asking this because if Aloe era works as an aftershave and also as a moisturizer for the shaving or waxing aftercare then there is no need to buy other products. I'm just getting around this grooming thing :D.

Hi Johny
Yes aloe Vera , witchazel are all fine after shaving / hair removal as they soothe the skin etc. when I first started to offer male waxing I used to give clients little tubes of sterex with aloe Vera or witchazel and they really helped as part of their aftercare so they would be fine for post shaving.

Thanks jack

Latest posts

Back