Babyboom nails on nailbiter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbles132

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I did these nails yesterday. She is an extreme nailbiter and after growing a bit of nailbed i put on, a few weeks later, these nails. Its called babyboom because there is no real smile line.

Thank you:)

I think they are cute ))
And although many clients would probably prefer a crispier smiley
I personally like this kind of "smile" too - looks natural to me.

I wish you had taken a pic of how they looked before the application - your job would look much more impressive.

Well done!

I think they are cute ))
And although many clients would probably prefer a crispier smiley
I personally like this kind of "smile" too - looks natural to me.

I wish you had taken a pic of how they looked before the application - your job would look much more impressive.

Well done!

i agree would have been lovely to see before pics aswell as after.
looks cute!

Forgot to take a before picture:confused: Wish i had also haha
This girl was still very young. Just turnd 17 and realy girly girly. I gave her these nails because its a bit more suttle..is that the right word:rolleyes:

Very difficult case :Scared: -I would say you have achived the best result possible.
Versy smooth and fine work!

Thank you:biggrin:

Those are gorgeous. You did a lovely job and I think the fuzzier line is perfect for such short nails. I'm sure the girl was delighted with them.

i quite like them,there abit different.
how did you do them and what did you use?
nice work

i quite like them,there abit different.
how did you do them and what did you use?
nice work

Thank you.

I use Young Nails. For the free edge i used white and the nailbed is a special mix of frosted pink, peach cover pink and pink.
First i made the free edge. Faded it to the middle of the nail. Then made the nailbed with the cover pink. These nails are with the white but you can also make them more natural like these nails. Same method.
naturel patricia.jpg

i love this style! what a good idea! i have no idea what you mean when i read how you do it lol but id love to do it i get so many nail biters! xx

Sorry, my english is not that great lol

Been ages since I posted in the critique forum. Given she was an extreme biter I like the nails but if I'm honest I think if there was a narrower free edge they would have looked even better and given the illusion of more length. The very simple nail art looks nice and cute in this case too xxx

Firstly well done for posting :hug:
I have to agree with Min i'm afraid. Having the smile line like that makes the nails look stumpier and also a little like onycholysis.
When you file them rounded you need to make sure that you have left the sidewalls in til past the point of the finger and just round the very edge, the way they have been filed has left them with hips.
If you take your file under the free edge and tilt it up slightly as you file this will remove the corners of the tip and not the sidewalls. Removing your sidewalls reduces the strength and increases the chance of breakages.
Did you cut in a saddle on the tips as the index finger on the top hand and both pinkie fingers look like they are slightly ski jumping. A saddle will stop the bulbous skin pushing the tip up and away from the finger and make sure its fits snuggly, if the client catches these nails they will probably break off.
Just a few minor tweeks and the next set will look beautiful :hug:
That being said I bet the client was pleased with them as they must be a vast improvement to her original nails.
Jen xx

Firstly well done for posting :hug:
I have to agree with Min i'm afraid. Having the smile line like that makes the nails look stumpier and also a little like onycholysis.
When you file them rounded you need to make sure that you have left the sidewalls in til past the point of the finger and just round the very edge, the way they have been filed has left them with hips.
If you take your file under the free edge and tilt it up slightly as you file this will remove the corners of the tip and not the sidewalls. Removing your sidewalls reduces the strength and increases the chance of breakages.
Did you cut in a saddle on the tips as the index finger on the top hand and both pinkie fingers look like they are slightly ski jumping. I did not use a tip. I sculp them. The pink fingers were the most short ones and most difficult ones. A saddle will stop the bulbous skin pushing the tip up and away from the finger and make sure its fits snuggly, if the client catches these nails they will probably break off.
Just a few minor tweeks and the next set will look beautiful :hug:
That being said I bet the client was pleased with them as they must be a vast improvement to her original nails.
Jen xx

I did not ues a tip but sculp the nails. I never use tips.
The right pinky finger was not there when she came back and was expecting that because i also saw that he wasnt sculpd that well. But the rest of the nails where still on.

Thank you for your respond. They will help me with my next client. This was my first nailbiter so next time i will try to think of what you told me.

greeting Liz

I did not ues a tip but sculp the nails. I never use tips.
The right pinky finger was not there when she came back and was expecting that because i also saw that he wasnt sculpd that well. But the rest of the nails where still on.

Thank you for your respond. They will help me with my next client. This was my first nailbiter so next time i will try to think of what you told me.

greeting Liz

Ok hun, when you apply your form make sure that you angle it down. This will stop the ski jump effect. Maybe try using a tip instead if you cannot get the form to sit properly.
Jen xx

Latest posts

Back