Babyliss double wax heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Fern

Reaction score
I bought this at a beauty show a couple of years ago but have only just started using it - but have problems!!

Even keeping the temp setting to the lowest possible setting the wax is getting really hot after just a couple of hours of being on - this is impossible for me to use - I have to keep switching it off and remembering to switch it back on again.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it something I should refer back to them even though it is probably out of warranty?

I've had one for about 12 months, and had no problems. :)

I have one of these and have similar problems, but i keep both dials to the lowest setting/practically off and it keeps strip wax at the right temp, but isnt great for hot wax! It needs more
Adjusting! HTH. Xx

I have mine on 4 or 5, or sometimes even 6! Lol.

Hi I've had mine for approx 14 months now and during the summer it is on setting 2 and in the winter setting 4. I find any higher and it makes the wax far too hot x

I think we can probably say the thermostats/heat settings are a bit inconsistent... :-/

Thanks everyone - think I will call them and see if I can get mine exchanged - definitely can't have it higher than 1!!

I'm the same mine us constantly on 1

I'm the same mine us constantly on 1

Mine too, well one is on 1 and the other is happier on 2 and a bit. I am not happy with it at all.

For low volume strip wax this cheap heater is OK. For non-strip the thing is way too hot and 500cc is too small for back to back customers.

Google Hive Digital and be at peace with your wax!

I have recently bought the Babyliss Double wax heater and am sorry to say that I have the same problem: way too hot even on setting one.

I bought it from Great Britain to use it here in Sweden as it seemed as a high quality heater but it is much too hot on setting one and keeps getting higher on the higher settings.

Sadly it is impossible for me to use with my cake wax and that was the reason why I bought it. I thought the company had changed the machine - it is now 2014!

I do not know what to do.

I had the same and had to wait for it to be sent away. I was then told it was fine, but it wasn't; Boiling hot on both dials set at lowest. Was told to send it back again and to be honest, I can't be asked! It's gone away to the 'I wish I never bought this' bin!
Bought hive heaters instead and no problems at all.

I've got a 2nd hand one and it's good to see I'm no the only one having problems! It's does just work for me, setting 1 for strip wax and setting 2 for hot wax, but it's a bit hot for sugar. I have also decanted my strip wax into the metal pots as the higher settings will melt plastic was pots.

I have had 3 of these heaters and they have all just stopped heating up, I don't think they are good to be used constantly which is a shame.

It's awful! Had nothing but problems and today it's blown up !! Bin it goes

I've had one for 18 months and it blew up the other week, bought another and I can't have either pot higher than 1! X

Latest posts

Back