BaByliss Pro Satin Smooth Double Wax Heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautician29

Reaction score
Does anyone use the BaByliss Pro Satin Smooth Double Wax Heater?

What do you think of it?

I was thinking it would be easier to have a double wax heater as I am a mobile therapist and usually just keep swopping my wax's around as i currently only have 1 wax heater. Not sure whether to buy an additional single heater or just buy a double one?

Thanks! x

What do you think of it?

I was thinking it would be easier to have a double wax heater as I am a mobile therapist and usually just keep swopping my wax's around as i currently only have 1 wax heater. Not sure whether to buy an additional single heater or just buy a double one?

Thanks! x
Yes I use the double wax heater because I have some clients who like waxing and some who prefer sugaring so I have both on the go at the same time. I've had no problems with it and like using it, shop around though as I bought mine from my local wholesaler and then found it a lot cheaper online!! Liz

Yes I use the double wax heater because I have some clients who like waxing and some who prefer sugaring so I have both on the go at the same time. I've had no problems with it and like using it, shop around though as I bought mine from my local wholesaler and then found it a lot cheaper online!! Liz

Thanks will do...been having a look this morning, do u find it quite light and easy to move around? not too big?

I have this heater but havnt used it yet (training next week!), it would be perfect for mobile use as it is very compact and has a lid too.

fran :)

What do you think of it?

Thanks! x

Are you talking about 2 different soft waxes or one soft, one hard?

I used to have one of these and it was ok for soft wax but the hard wax was always too hot, even on the lowest setting.

I have one of these, but I definitely wouldn't use mine for mobile - when I move it the wax slops everywhere. There have been occasions when I've genuinely never known such a mess in my life. It may just be my heater or just me but I think it's worth asking other mobiles which heater they use and what mess factor they encounter.

Hive heaters have locking lids which have got to be an advantage. Also, if the wax you are putting inside them comes with a reusable lid you can use that too. And foil might be a good idea if the wax doesn't have it's own lid.

as i mobile(salon as well)i really find that the tube method austrailian body or phd so much better and sfer no pots of wax spilling everywhere and its more hygienic to

I use this heater but only for soft wax, Its is too small for hard wax and again was finding it too hot. I have it on setting 1 for facial waxing and 2-3 for legs.

I wouldnt use it for mobile as the wax will spill, you would have to have it half full and then the wax is too hot!

I use the large hive pot for any mobile work and never have it full too the top.

I tolerate this for the clinic - but it's way too hot. TBO I'm looking forward to it breaking down and replacing it! I can't turn it up past Number 1 without client comments.

When I mentioned it to the stand at the last Excel event - it was strongly denied.

IMHO - unless you need small volumes of very hot wax - then shop elsewhere.

J.

And foil might be a good idea if the wax doesn't have it's own lid.

. . . or indeed cling film the internal pots.

I am the Trampy cling film queen! :lol:

Are you talking about 2 different soft waxes or one soft, one hard?

I used to have one of these and it was ok for soft wax but the hard wax was always too hot, even on the lowest setting.

i also find this true !!! i heat it up now to temp then turn the hot one off the warm side kinda keeps the other side just right lol...:eek: x

Latest posts

Back